Stop the weight gain before it gets out of control!

Posted by: noonabras

Stop the weight gain before it gets out of control! - 10/24/02 02:48 AM

You know it's happening but it's so subtle.The scale says two pounds over yesterday, then five! I've disseminated a few books about pre-menopause and menopause.The weight gain is inevitable but manageable if you incorporate weight training into your exercise routine. It's helped me and I'm just a regular gal.I hope that if anyone is experiencing this problem that they look into the getting or renting exercise tapes that combine cardio and weight training together.I progressed from 3 and 5 pound weights to 6 and 8 now. It's taken me 10 mos. but I lowered my blood pressure, cholesteral and inches from all over. Devote time to your health, make a commitment to yourself. We're going to be here for a long time to come you may as well be as healthy as you can!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Stop the weight gain before it gets out of control! - 11/16/02 12:10 AM

I have been regularly exercising with Jazzercise for fourteen years. I wasn't blessed with good genetics as far as I can gain weight just thinking about it! I can't say enough about the benefits. Not only are you exercising, but you are getting the benefits of a girls' support group. I am much more motivated to keep going in a group and to "share the pain." It was the first program I could stick with and I don't know what I'd do without it now. I've been in classes in three states and they are nationwide. All the info is on the website. The best part is you are encouraged to work out at the level that is best for you. And no I'm not getting a kick back! [Smile]