Sassy Water

Posted by: hotflashgal

Sassy Water - 06/30/08 02:52 AM

Has anyone tried Sassy Water that is part of the Flat Belly diet? I am not interested in the diet, but I am curious about the sassy water. Thanks.
Posted by: Lola

Re: Sassy Water - 06/30/08 06:31 AM

I just googled it and was surprised to note that they call it sassy water. It's ordinary ginger brew which I regularly drink in place of tea. I don't put sliced cucumbers in mine though.
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: Sassy Water - 06/30/08 08:45 AM

Lola

where do you get the sassy water..
Mountian ash

Re: Sassy Water - 06/30/08 11:13 AM

You can actually make it yourself, MA. Just brew pounded or grated root ginger as you would tea. Unlike tea, however, you allow ginger to steep longer. You measure water as to personal taste. I like mine very strong. Add lemon, spearmint/mint leaves, honey as you wish. When I prepare mine as a cold drink, I mix it with Indian tonic water (I use Schweppes which contains quinine).
Posted by: hotflashgal

Re: Sassy Water - 06/30/08 01:27 PM

Lola,
Does it have some sort of cleansing effect on your GI tract? I have read that it does and that makes me nervous considering I have IBS and don't need anything that will set it off. Thanks.

Re: Sassy Water - 06/30/08 03:33 PM

Hi, Eileen: I am not aware first hand whether it does or does not affect IBS as I don't suffer from it. However, I've googled some info on it for you and came up with these two. Hope it helps.

http://www.meredy.com/nursetips/gastrointestinaltips.html

http://www.helpforibs.com/supplements/ginger.asp
Posted by: Q_ball

Re: Sassy Water - 06/30/08 05:32 PM

Learn something New everyday. And here I thought Sassy Water was the build up in my bladder that makes me Sassy when my DH won't stop the car on a long trip and I've got to GO. LOL All kidding aside, it sounds interesting..where do you purchase ginger root, can't say as I've ever had a need for it. Oh Golly somebody's going to say Wal-mart, I just feel it.

Re: Sassy Water - 06/30/08 05:36 PM

Wal-mart.

Kidding aside, I think you'd be able to get it from Far East Asian shops in the States, if the main supermarkets don't already have them, QBall.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Sassy Water - 06/30/08 09:34 PM

I've seen ginger root at local farmer's markets and in some food stores.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Sassy Water - 06/30/08 10:55 PM

I am not fond of the taste...blah, yukky tasting to me. I'll stick with my green and peach blend of tea. Soothing, just the right sweetness and yummy!!!!
Posted by: Q_ball

Re: Sassy Water - 07/06/08 06:54 PM

I actually due to reading this, noticed Ginger Root in the Produce section of a local supermarket. LOL Surprise Lola it wasn't a walmart.