loss expert?

Posted by: Dotsie

loss expert? - 06/15/07 03:17 PM

Has anyone read any good books about loss/grief? If so, do you mind sharing the titles and authors? Thanks.
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: loss expert? - 06/15/07 03:48 PM

Elisabeth Kubler Ross
On Death and Dying
The Wheel of Life.(Her life story)

Jean C Grigor
An Invitation to Grow.

CS Lewis
A Grief Observed
Mountain ash
Posted by: Di

Re: loss expert? - 06/16/07 02:52 AM

Dan and Jan Davis
Infertility's Anguish
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: loss expert? - 06/18/07 02:17 AM

Dotsie, after my 17 year old nephew died last year, my brother (my nephew's father) and I read books on loss and grief like a book club. We shared many emails in regards to these books. One we "liked" in particular was "When the Bough Breaks" and another was "The Worst Loss." You have to watch for the sub-titles because there are the same titles on other subjects. A book by Rabbi Kushner who wrote "When Bad Things Happen to Good People" was also one that reached me, but the title escapes me for now. He wrote the book after his son died. A quick look on "Compassionate Friends" which is a loss and grief organization will give you some titles. A look at Amazon on any of the titles mentioned here will give you a list of related titles.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: loss expert? - 06/21/07 03:14 PM

Thanks ladies. I am looking for a grief expert for the association. More and more boomer women are in need of grief counseling due to losing our parents and also some spouses, and in more rare casaes, children.
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: loss expert? - 06/21/07 06:48 PM

I have been taught that all loss is grief.Multiplied over again depending on cause of loss.
Mountain ash
Posted by: Di

Re: loss expert? - 06/21/07 08:47 PM

Loss of fertility, Dotsie, is HUGE. It just seems to be small since many do not talk about it. Just some input!