My friend

Posted by: Songbird

My friend - 10/29/06 11:57 PM

Last night, after a challenging day trying to comfort one heartbroken friend, I received a call notifying me I lost a friend who'd moved to NH a few years ago. This is so sad. I tried reaching her a few months ago, my letter was returned, my phone calls didn't go through (guess they'd changed the number), etc. And I had no idea she was battling cancer lately. What a shock to recieve such a call. I cried my heart out!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: My friend - 10/30/06 12:43 AM

Songbird, I'm so sorry, in this time of sorrow may you find a path to peace.
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: My friend - 10/30/06 04:09 AM

Oh Songbird, I'm so sorry. I just feel like the older I get the more loved ones I'm losing. I guess that's the way of life, but it just doesn't seem fair.

My thoughts are with you.
Kathy
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: My friend - 10/30/06 08:11 AM

Songbird, that must have been a shock for you. I tried to imagine finally able to reach one of my long lost friends, and finding out she had just died. I don't think there are any words to comfort. I just feel with you.

Here is a quote I found that I'd like to share:

Trouble is part of your life, and if you don't share it, you don't give the person (in your case your Boomer sisters) who care for you a chance to care enough.

It's good that you share. We care.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: My friend - 10/30/06 12:07 PM

Song, sorry to hear of another loss for you. Are you able to be in touch with any of her family?

Re: My friend - 10/30/06 05:07 PM

Thank you all for your solidarity. Dotsie, I knew her son. He called me. I'll be heading to NH on Saturday, as they will get together to say farewell. They're having her cremated. I have no idea what to expect, but I'll try to be there. She has a daugther, whom I never met, for she lived out of state at the time.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: My friend - 10/30/06 05:52 PM

You and her family are in my prayers. I'm so very sorry to hear this.

Re: My friend - 11/01/06 08:55 PM

Life is so short and unpredictable! Please remember to enjoy each moment! Thanks for your prayers!