Another pioneering American woman dead: Ferraro

Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Another pioneering American woman dead: Ferraro - 03/26/11 05:12 PM

I just saw this article in the Washington Post about Geraldine Ferraro's death, at 75, and was reminded of her. Had forgotten about her, I guess, but she ought to be remembered - after all, she was a pioneer of the times -- the first female major party candidate for national office:

Geraldine Ferraro Dies at 75
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Another pioneering American woman dead: Ferraro - 03/26/11 10:15 PM

It seems like I just saw her on Fox with Sean annity several months ago, and she looked good and seemed to have all her facilties. I hadn't heard she died. It's funny how the press publishes only what they wantr to. I agree with you Anne, she was important enough in life for at least some tribute.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Another pioneering American woman dead: Ferraro - 03/29/11 05:48 PM

I did know she died. And you're right Anne: Geraldine Ferraro
was a pioneering woman. I heard she had a long battle with
cancer. That's a terrible illness. I know people fighting with
that stuff right now. And one is 10 years younger than I. It's nasty stuff. I do admire this lady. And she certainly does deserve to be remembered!!!

Re: Another pioneering American woman dead: Ferraro - 04/15/11 01:00 AM

If things keep going as they are today this is going to be a natioin/world of deadly ravaging diseases. What is it now 1 in 2 have cancers of some kind? The worst part according to those that know say we all have cancer ge nes in us and every now and again our bodies defenses weaken and thats when they can get a stronghold and develop into the full blown disease but if we keep healthy, watch what we eat, drink, get lots of sleep, exercise we can stay cancer free. Of course with them poisoning the food, the water, and the livestock we are probably doomed.

Re: Another pioneering American woman dead: Ferraro - 04/16/11 01:14 PM

The best thing we can do about a majority of the problems you're
listing, Chatty, is to pray!

Re: Another pioneering American woman dead: Ferraro - 05/04/11 09:35 PM

We can never do enough of that my friend.

Re: Another pioneering American woman dead: Ferraro - 08/04/11 08:48 PM

With all the turmoil in this world today it almost doesn't pay to get up some mornings.

Re: Another pioneering American woman dead: Ferraro - 10/13/11 01:48 PM

True!

Re: Another pioneering American woman dead: Ferraro - 03/12/12 08:51 PM

I do believe most of the world has lost it's mind and it seems to be spreading. So much turmoil and hatred especially in the European countries against Americans.