Found MIL....

Posted by: jabber

Found MIL.... - 11/30/10 02:33 PM

WB and I found his mother last night on the bedroom floor.
The coroner said she'd been dead a couple days. She was 90 years old; lived in her own house; WB did the maintenance on
both house and property; and it appears she had a heart attack.
The cops said, "It's a good way to go." WB is shook up, naturally. Would appreciate ya all adding him to your prayers
for the next few days. Luv ya, jabber
Posted by: Lola

Re: Found MIL.... - 11/30/10 02:40 PM

I am so, so sorry to hear about your MIL, Jabber. Carrying you all in prayer.
Posted by: Edelweiss2

Re: Found MIL.... - 11/30/10 04:02 PM

Oh Jabber, I am so sorry to hear this. It must have been terribly shocking for you both. I'm sending a prayer your way.
Posted by: Di

Re: Found MIL.... - 11/30/10 06:37 PM

((HUG))
Posted by: Ellemm

Re: Found MIL.... - 11/30/10 07:47 PM

Oh my gosh, what shocking news. I'm so sorry for the both of you.

Re: Found MIL.... - 11/30/10 11:14 PM

I'd been Christmas shopping with her recently; we bought her new clothes including a beautiful winter coat, new tops and under things, etc. I'd been stocking the kitchen with her favorite brands: she always spent a couple weeks at our house during the Holidays. We're all shocked because she spent Thanksgiving Day with us and seemed fine. She died the following afternoon. She was a gentle, softspoken, retired schoolteacher. She was refined, intelligent and laidback. But she died the way all of us would like to, if we had a choice. Quick! No hospital. No nursing home. Nada! We've got mom's dog, Daisy. It's a good thing Daisy likes it here. Thank you
ladies for the well wishes and prayers. Can always use prayers.

Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Found MIL.... - 11/30/10 11:51 PM

I'm sorry for your loss, Jabber, especially on top of so many other recent losses.

But I do have to say that I hope I go that way too. Quietly, quickly, in my own home - no nursing home or hospital with people poking and prodding constantly.
Posted by: orchid

Re: Found MIL.... - 12/01/10 12:59 AM

How sudden for your hubby about his mother. I'm sorry for the loss of yet another family member. But she sounded like a great lady and was free to be in her own home right up to the end.
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Found MIL.... - 12/01/10 03:32 AM

Oh Jabber!

What a shock! I agree with everyone writing previous to me that this would be the way I want to go - fast, painfree and with no nursing home or long-term care.

But still it is a shock for the loved ones who have to be the one to find the body. I am so glad I believe in the afterlife and that she is now in a better place.

Blessings to you and WB. I remember how hard it was for Steve when each of his parents passed.

Sending prayers for strength and love,

Anne

Re: Found MIL.... - 12/01/10 04:53 PM

Thank you everybody. The current concern is the weather; for it's
snowing here like crazy and the body is being shown tomorrow.
We're on edge over people driving in nasty conditions. Hubby's mom wouldn't want anyone to have any mishaps to or from the wake. That I know. And neither do hubby or I. If we're good to folks while they're alive that's what's important. After someone is dead, what we do are manmade rituals they're not here to enjoy anyway. So I'm praying the weather cooperates and those coming to the funeral home don't have difficulties. Again thank you for your moral support!!!! luv, prayers and blessings!!!
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Found MIL.... - 12/01/10 07:36 PM

Jabber, so sorry for your loss. 90 years is a great age to reach. My MIL passed away suddenly from a heart attack when she was 66. This was a horrible shock to her husband, 12 years her senior, as well as all the kids/siblings. We still miss her so much.
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Found MIL.... - 12/01/10 08:21 PM

Wow! Snowing in New York!

The weather has been so unpredictable lately - I watched the lighting of the tree on NBC last night, and thought they'd said the weather last night was unseasonably warm - in the 50s...

Will send prayers for everyone's safe travel. Around here in Illinois we have below freezing, but no snow.

Re: Found MIL.... - 12/02/10 03:09 PM

We're on the edge of a huge storm. People have been stranded on
a section of the thruway all night. It looks as if the wake
will go on as scheduled. And memorial service is tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how it went. I know DD she lived to
a wonderful age and in relatively good health, too. I'm sorry your MIL died at such a young age. And my heart aches for the families' of all those who pass when young, on one hand. On the other hand,Heaven sounds like a neat place!!!!

Re: Found MIL.... - 12/03/10 08:03 PM

Again, thanks for the prayers ladies. The showing went off without any problems and so did the memorial service. We were on
the outer edge of that storm and didn't have any problems
getting around to the areas we needed to visit.

Re: Found MIL.... - 12/04/10 01:47 PM

You know, death is one thing you just can't seem to prepare for.
Even when our folks' age. We know it's inevitable, but it still
hits like a ton of bricks. What's up with that?