One Year Today

Posted by: Anonymous

One Year Today - 11/04/10 03:12 PM

One year ago my step-father passed away from us, according to the physicians. We believe that his soul passed a few days earlier after the surgery and before his body became comatose. We miss him dearly and I'd of given years from my life for him to be here with us. He was there more for us kids than our biological father.

I pray dear Lord that we live and honorable life with joy and compassion. I pray that I will see my step-father in Heaven.
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: One Year Today - 11/05/10 03:44 AM

Mustang, Of course you will see him in heaven. How wonderful that you has such a wonderful stepfather.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: One Year Today - 11/08/10 08:29 AM

Mustang, I'm sorry for your loss.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: One Year Today - 01/07/11 06:40 PM

I had a dream last night about my step-dad and I'm confused. In the dream he was there, but not really. In the dream he had prepared cards for people to read one year after his passing and I can't exactly remember what he wrote in my card. What I do recall in the dream is that it was a fold out card with space for him to write his message. I do recall him writing (in the dream) that he loved me and it was his hand writing and I thought to myself that he 'wrote' this within a few weeks of his passing b/c he was so week and writing was near impossible task for him in those last days.

I wish I remember what he wrote, I will wonder forever that I don't recall his written message and want to honor him. Of course it was just a dream, but I can't help but wonder . . .

Yet, the presence of the dream was to do good and be honorable.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: One Year Today - 01/07/11 09:30 PM

Mustang, instead of focusing on what you can't remember, how about focusing on the fact that he wrote that he loved you. That's beautiful! How sweet that you saw him again. I yearn to see my mom in my dreams, but don't.
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: One Year Today - 01/08/11 12:21 PM

I've had dreams too, where loved ones appear and speak something and I can't remember what they said when I wake up. But I've done a lot of reading and research into dreams over the past 30 years, and I now firmly believe that we remember what we need to remember, that if we don't remember everything, it's because we don't need the messages or information yet. What I do is ask those people to come back into another dream and let me know what it is I most need to know from them.

I think our sub-conscious DOES remember whatever was good and beneficial from a dream and incorporates it into our psyche. I'm sure, MG, that's what has happened with you in this dream. You remembered the most important part of the message, but your sub-conscious will have retained the rest of the note but has for some reason determined that it's not essential for you to remember it right now.

The dreams that bother me so much are when I catch fleeting glimpses of them in the distance but can't find a way to reach them, and I spend the entire dream chasing after them. I always wake up so exhausted and disheartened after those dreams.
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: One Year Today - 01/08/11 01:10 PM

And another step along the way when a book or article comes into our lives and reminds us of the dream and we reach a different perspective.Finding the right book at an importants time is something that happens to me.Be it a new author a year book or self help book
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: One Year Today - 01/08/11 03:48 PM

Oh so true for me too, MA!! How often has the perfect book arrived in my life just when I needed its message! Dotsie had an uncanny ability to suggest books that were exactly what I needed at the time and those books kept helping me through various stages of that climb out of the dark hole I was in. It's such a delight to open a book and find mentoring and relevant insight into exactly what I'm dealing with!
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: One Year Today - 01/08/11 05:18 PM

Or the perfect poem as Lola has just shared ..just when I had news of a friends recent distress...words were there to soothe
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: One Year Today - 01/11/11 08:53 AM

My thoughts are with you M.A. now and always.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: One Year Today - 02/19/11 08:44 PM

That has also happened to me EagleHeart. It saeems God knows what we need, when we need it, and sends it to us in his own way.