My husband crossed over today

Posted by: Rev. Dr. Betsie H. Poinsett

My husband crossed over today - 05/02/06 10:58 PM

My dear husband of 40 years crossed over in the early morning hours of May 2nd. I have posted of his terminal illness and these last few weeks have been to hard to watch. Now he is free - with our son - and out of pain. Love, Betsie
Posted by: TVC15

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/02/06 11:06 PM

Dear Betsie,
I am so sorry for your loss but grateful that he is no longer suffering. I will pray for you to remain strong.
Posted by: Sherri

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/02/06 11:48 PM

Betsie,

I also am so sorry for your loss. I will include your family in my prayers.

Sherri
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/03/06 02:19 AM

Betsie, is someone with you? I hope so. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I pray you have lvoing people surrounding you during this difficult time.

You are in my thoughts and prayers as you make arrangements and speak with people about your loss. GOd bless you.
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/03/06 02:48 AM

Oh Betsie, I am so sorry for your loss. I know you are relieved that his suffering is over, but the days and months ahead will be difficult. Please know you are in my prayers and please keep us posted as to how you are doing.
(((HUGS)))
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/03/06 02:58 AM

Betsie,
Please know that we are all saddened to hear of your loss and will be holding you close to our hearts.

JJ
Posted by: Casey

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/03/06 04:55 AM

Peace be with you, and your loved ones.
Posted by: lionspaaw

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/03/06 05:20 AM

(((( Betsy ))))

My thoughts and prayers are with you -- please know that we are here for you

Carolyn
Posted by: diamond50

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/03/06 06:17 AM

Betsie ((((Hugs))))
I will be praying for you and your family.
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/03/06 07:09 AM

Betsie, I am so sorry to hear of your loss coupled with the loss of your son.
Posted by: smilinize

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/03/06 10:08 AM

Betsie,
I am so sorry. I join others boomers who pray for peace during this difficult time. know you you are surrounded by love and prayer.

smile
Posted by: Pam Kimmell

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/03/06 04:24 PM

Betsie I too am sorry to hear of the loss of your husband....I will keep you in my heart and prayers and hope that you will find peace in knowing your husband and son are reunited.
Posted by: almostangel

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/04/06 04:33 AM

Betsie,

I am so sorry for your loss. Your family is in my prayers. Be comforted knowing that he is in heaven, probably fishing with your son and playing cards with Jesus.
Posted by: Searcher

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/04/06 04:49 AM

Betsie,

I know these last few months have been so difficult for you both. My hope now is that he has peace at his side and that you may have comfort and even more courage at yours....I will be thinking of you in these coming months.

Searcher
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/04/06 08:07 AM

I will still keep praying for you and your husband and may I say I am so sorry for your loss he is free at last. God bless you!

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/04/06 01:51 PM

Thank you dear friends, your words comfort me. Tonight is the first time I'm alone in the house - a weird feeling to be sure so here I am writing at 5:00 am. A wonderful girl, Addie and her sweet baby came to stay with me through the last week of Ed's illness - she is like a daughter to me and used to date my son. I don't know what I would have done without her. I'm brought to tears more because of the kindness of so many people than through sadness. I heard the song "I will survive" and know it is true. Love, Betsie
Posted by: AvalonBlondi

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/06/06 01:48 AM

Betsie, I am praying for you now during this very sad time..there are no words that I can offer to comfort you..so instead I am sending you prayers that you may find peace and strength during this very difficult time...we are always here for you...warm hugs....

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/07/06 04:25 AM

Betsie, I would love an update. I'm thinking of you.
Posted by: downdog

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/07/06 07:03 AM

I am also praying for you Betsie.
Posted by: Val

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/08/06 07:37 AM

I am so sorry for your loss and will be praying for you.

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/08/06 04:25 AM

I emailed Betsie to see how she's doing.

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/08/06 06:36 PM

I decided to rest over the week-end, I had been caring for Ed 24/7 and now need to catch up on my sleep. I'm planning a nice pot luck memorial service at my house on 5/21 to celebrate his life. One day at a time getting used to being alone. I hope to start seeing clients again this Friday - that always helps me feel better. Again, thank you all for your posts. Hugs, Betsie

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/08/06 10:37 PM

Betsie, glad to hear you are taking it a day at a time. Work will help, but I'm glad you've taken time to adjust. Work will be good because it will take your mind off your heartache.

What a great idea to plan a gathering for your friends who have been helpful. It's such a positive thing to do. Will you do naything other than eat? Just wondering if maybe people will share Ed stories.

I once went to a luncheon held by the family of an older man friend who died. While eating, people sorta took turns telling their favorite stories. It was really neat to hear what everyone had to say, and very comforting to the family. That may be a fun thing to do.

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/09/06 04:12 AM

Hi Dotsie, yes we are going to tell stories, play guitar and have a drum circle to celebration Ed's life. I'm also going to spread some of his ashes at his favorite golf course - then go up to the New Jersey shore this summer for another ceremony. He'll be all over the place. Love, Betsie

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/09/06 08:08 PM

Sounds perfect. Keep the strength you seem to possess at this point. One day at a time.

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/11/06 03:38 AM

Betsie, when my daughter died, I had a life celebration too. We had a garden party and an outdoor barbecue, where everyone brought a perennial to plant in her favorite colors. (yellow and purple). But we passed around a memory book, and everyone wrote a passage which told a story of an event that they enjoyed with Nichole...Of course it is a treasured book today....

Searcher

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/11/06 05:02 PM

Lovely.........I've been trying to think of something meaningful to give away I like the idea of perennials. Hugs, Betsie

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/12/06 01:27 AM

Searcher, so good to *see* you. What a lovely idea. How's her garden today? Blossoming? I love yellow and purple together in the garden. I'm waiting for my yarrow to bloom (any day now) and I'll have pink purples and yellows. Love it!

The memory book is a great idea. You are so wise!

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/12/06 01:38 AM

What a beautiful idea!

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/12/06 01:39 AM

And ((HUGS)) to you, Betsie. Peace be with you.

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/12/06 06:23 PM

Blossoming and beautiful...Betsie, I hope your life celebration is wonderful and memorable....I put name tags on each plant to remember who gave them. ...Dotsie, there's not a color in the garden I don't like...well, except I don't like red and yellow together. It reminds me of when my Mother used to put Tobasco sauce on her eggs and this made me sick as a child!!! LOL

Searcher

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/12/06 09:29 PM

How funny. You know what? I have no red in my garden. I don't like red and pink together. I'm funny about that. Another quirk...

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/13/06 06:53 AM

well, that's what makes a garden personal, doesn't it??

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/15/06 05:51 PM

Betsie, I'll be thinking of you as you prepare for this Sunday.

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/21/06 06:57 PM

Betsie, I know today is your big day. I am praying that you have strength and a great time!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/21/06 09:59 PM

Yes Betsie! If you get the chance afterwards, drop in and let us know how everything progress.

We are all with you today!

JJ

Re: My husband crossed over today - 05/22/06 07:19 AM

Thank you so much. It was a really a lovely lovely celebration ceremony for Ed's life. I made a scrapbook of the highlights of his life and I wrapped a crystal and some white sage in rafia to hand out to each person. We sat in a circle on the lawn just as the sun was setting - played guitar, drums and said a few prayers. I spread his ashes in the lake just as the sun's rays came over the dock. Funny on his last night here, the sun streamed over his bed and I knew he was seeing his last sunset. Everyone said it was a beautiful ceremony and I am so glad it was meaningful. Love, Betsie