Mother's Day

Posted by: Dotsie

Mother's Day - 05/09/05 05:51 PM

I hope everyone managed to get thorugh the day in good spirits. I know there are some of us who are grieving the loss of a mother, or child.

I paid Mom a visit in the middle of the day. The sun was shining and the cemetery was packed. There were flowers everywhere. What a tribute to mothers.

Have you read Proverbs 31: 10-31 lately? It's the Bible's version of a virtuous woman. We read it at Mom's funeral.
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Mother's Day - 05/10/05 04:40 AM

Although it wasn't as painful as feared, I'm still glad it's over for another year. Maybe next year will be even easier.

The "cherub" choir (4 & 5 year olds) sang two little songs at Church. The one song's chorus was "what a wonderful gift my Mommy is to me". They repeated it over and over, and it was too much. The tears just leaked out and I had to sniffle my way through the rest of the service (much to the curiosity of the little girl sitting right in front of us). But then we spent the rest of the day playing at the park with our granddaughter and she was so utterly delightful that it ended up being a splendidly delightful day!

Add to that, when we got home late in the afternoon, one of my Shirley tulips was fully open. My eyes leaked again, as it was surely (no pun intended) a beautiful sign of her continuing presence in my life.

Re: Mother's Day - 05/11/05 07:52 AM

Shirley tulip blooming on Mother's Day. Didn't we talk about that? Unbelievable! Miraculous!
Posted by: lionspaaw

Re: Mother's Day - 05/11/05 03:27 AM

I have to agree a little there Eagle Heart -- glad it's over ;-)

Instead of feeling sad about Robert NOT being here - I found joy in visiting my mom who IS still here -- but at 82 -- you can't help but wonder how many more Mother's Days I will be able to do things with her -- another reason to enjoy every moment I can with her ;-)

My heart was with her -- but my thoughts were with you ladies that have lost your moms

Re: Mother's Day - 05/12/05 01:06 AM

That's the spirit lion.

And thanks for thinking of us.

Isn't it crazy how we carry our cyber friends everywhere we go? I love it.