Help locating viet nam vets

Posted by: smilinize

Help locating viet nam vets - 04/23/05 08:24 AM

A very close friend who was a Veteran of Viet Nam died a little over a year ago. In his things are a lot of photos and memorabilia from his service in Viet Nam.
I am looking for some of his buddies to whom the items and photos might have meaning.
Anyone have ideas of how to find someone like that? I've been to a lot of sites, but only found one person from the same company and his email was defunct. ??
Help....
smile
Posted by: unique

Re: Help locating viet nam vets - 04/23/05 04:13 PM

Just a thought but Classmates.com has a military section. I remember seeing some Nam vets pictures there.
Posted by: unique

Re: Help locating viet nam vets - 04/23/05 04:19 PM

Or www.vetfriends.com
Or http://www.militaryconnections.com/
Good luck, Smile. Let us know how you fare. I have a tender heart for Nam vets. If I see any other 'connection' places I'll send them on.

Re: Help locating viet nam vets - 04/23/05 05:14 PM

Thank you Unique. I posted on those sites. We'll see. I'll let you know if I hear anything. BTW, a sign in a photo reads, C Battery, 3rd Batallion, 82nd Artillery. LZ Siberia and Captain Sparkman and 1st Sgt. Townes. He was a Lieutenant on the front lines.
smile
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Help locating viet nam vets - 04/23/05 09:51 PM

http://www.namvets.com/
Find your lost buddies.
Add your name to our Buddy Links!
Sounds like this is a free service, smiles. I'd check it out.

chick
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Help locating viet nam vets - 04/24/05 12:14 AM

What about the Government for Military Affairs, they might be able to help point you in the right direction. Now this is a worthwhile subject to see posted and really depicts a LOSS. My ex was in Viet Nam and some of his stories would melt a stone cold heart. I hope you find someone who can help you and I'm going to see what I can come up with as well.. [Smile]
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Help locating viet nam vets - 04/24/05 12:36 AM

Okay, lets try again....

Re: Help locating viet nam vets - 04/24/05 05:42 AM

Thank you to all that are helping. I am posting info everywhere I can. I would like to give this photo album which is full of Viet Nam photos to one of his buddies or someone who would appreciate the significance of his service.
He was also the recipient of many medals for heroism, but I planned to keep those.
He spoke little of his time in Viet Nam, but had nightmares almost every night. He died of complications of a disease he contracted there. Sometimes I mourn him still and pray that he has at last found peace.
smile