peaceful chapel

Posted by: Dotsie

peaceful chapel - 06/11/10 02:42 PM

Several weeks ago, while out walking alone, I wandered into the 24 hour prayer chapel at our local Catholic church. While there, I noticed they needed pereptual adorers. Since they thought is that the Lord should never be left alone, someone's scheduled to be there 24/7. I took the phone number and called.

I first shared that I was Presbyterian and I didn't know if that would count me out. He kindly said that they accept all Christian believers.

Long story short. I'm gearing up to go do my one hour a week at the chapel. It's my 4th week and I absolutely love it. You enter through a gorgeous garden and then step into total peace and quiet while people reverently come and go, lighting candles, praying, reading prayer books, praying the rosary, and sitting in complete silence. What a retreat.

Wishing everyone some quiet time to reflect upon God's grace!
Posted by: yonuh

Re: peaceful chapel - 06/11/10 03:01 PM

A whole hour of silence sounds wonderful, Dotsie. I think we all need some time away from the hustle and bustle of daily life to pause and reflect.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: peaceful chapel - 06/11/10 08:51 PM

That sound delightful Dotsie just to rest and relax and be one with our Lord.
Posted by: jabber

Re: peaceful chapel - 06/12/10 04:54 PM

Dotsie,
This sounds absolutely awesome. What a great place to
happen upon. WOW! Just thinking about it, soothes the soul!
Posted by: Lola

Re: peaceful chapel - 06/13/10 10:07 AM

The Holy Eucharist in the Tabernacle is the causal principle of the Christian Church and to keep a Holy Hour vigil is love for love. The silence of Holy Hour is also a strong reflection of Matthew 26:38 "Stay here and watch with Me". So, perhaps, it is Blessed serendipity that you found the Chapel, Dotsie.
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: peaceful chapel - 06/13/10 11:25 AM

When I have sat with any loved one during illness
and passing there is that sense of

"stay here and watch with me" (lower case)..

connecting with the big picture...
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: peaceful chapel - 07/10/10 01:23 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I continue to enjoy the silence and deliberate prayer time.