End Times

Posted by: Wisdom&Life

End Times - 07/18/05 11:02 PM

Hello Boomer Comrades,

I am not trying to start a heated discussion or anything. I am working on a study about the subject of the end times and I wanted to take that from some frequently asked questions, or some thoughts here.

If it makes you feel more comfortable, you may send me a private message.

Cheers and God Bless,
Cathi
Posted by: mammajude

Re: End Times - 07/20/05 08:45 PM

I feel we are in the end times right now with all the crazy stuff happening in the world. Just that no one knows when the Lord will return. Wish it were today!!!! You wonder how long he'll let things go like this?
Posted by: Songbird

Re: End Times - 07/21/05 09:43 PM

Cathi: Matthew 24 talks about the signs of the times before Christ's return.

Wars, famine, plagues, earthquakes, etc. are all signs of the times. False prophets deceiving many are included here too.

But one of the most important clues for me is that Christ predicted that the gospel should be preached unto all nations before the end (see verse 14).

This has almost been accomplished. The gospel is now being preached by so many means and in so many languages... there are not many places left in the world that have not heard the gospel. So that for me is a clear sign that Christ's return is not too far away.

Of course, no one can predict a certain date, only God knows when the day shall be (v. 36). But we ought to live ready for Him.

Mammajude-one thing Jesus promised is to shorten these terrible days out of love for his children,(see Matthew 24: 22).

Hope this helps.
Posted by: Wisdom&Life

Re: End Times - 07/22/05 05:31 AM

Thanks for the replies. I was beginning to think that perhaps this was too controversial or something.

I definitely believe that we are in the final generation. I also believe that anti-christ comes first, then the Real Christ comes.

Yes, the time is shortened for the sake of His children. This is how good this son of perdition is going to be.

Even though rapture is not written in The Bible, do any of you believe in the rapture? If so, why?

Thanks and Cheers,
Cathi
Posted by: smilinize

Re: End Times - 07/22/05 07:11 AM

I have been taught that we were in the end times all of my life. And there has been ample Scriptural evidence every since I can remember.

But I don't really think much about the end times because I see no end. I believe all of the Scriptures that tell of the end times are true of about any time in history.

Instead I believe in an eternity that never begins and never ends and is going on now and has always been and always will be. I try to live every moment as a part of that eternity attempting to live eternally in heaven.

But that's just me.
smile
Posted by: leigha

Re: End Times - 07/22/05 08:51 AM

Dear Smile

As God is within and God is love...the alpha and the omega constantly becoming one...we are all moving toward oneness with love. The love is the eternity and within that love death does not exist...fear does not exist...within that knowledge...the end times and revelation speak only of physical happenings that again have been repeated throughout history as generations change...nations change and life changes...some with catastrophic effects. However when we all see through love then the prophecies cease to be.

The problem with the prophecies is not really the prophecies themselves...it is the physical application of the mind's perception that only sees with physical eyes and not with spiritual eyes. There are many layers of consciousness...there is a mental consciousness...an emotional consciousness, a spiritual consciousness and a physical consciousness.

In most cases when scripture is studied the scriptures are seen only through physical eyes which means through man's understanding, through the mind that sees fear and good.

If scriptures are studied through spiritual eyes or through spiritual understanding what is seen is love. What is written in the bible is not seen through fear.. but through love and thus love is born again and the prophecies cease to be...for in fact it is only the energy of our belief that serves fear and perpetuates it until events happen.

The nature of God and the universe is one of a consciousness of love and within that energy desecration, death and fear do not exist. It is only in man's vibration and energy that these trauma's exist. Why? Because we see through physical eyes never having had the experience to see through spiritual eyes, a consciousness...an energy that does not know or see death.

I loved your post Smile

With love
Leigha
Posted by: smilinize

Re: End Times - 07/23/05 10:43 PM

Leigha,
Your post is so well written. You must think and feel deeply.
How did you come to those understandings?
smile

Re: End Times - 07/24/05 12:02 AM

Dear Smile

I have spent the last 16 years studying energy and consciousness, and how different feelings are linked to different consciousness. Within the universe and world we live in hundreds of thousands of energies exist, all with a corresponding consciousness as consciousness contains energy or it wouldn't exist. There is a subatomic aspect to the particles of thought that breed action and reaction within our lives and each and every thought is connected to a feeling and corresponding emotion.

Through years of studying energy and feeling it from an empathic perspective and studying the underlying aspects of energy from a physics perspective I have come to understand consciousness in relationship to our body's reactions and our emotional reactions and how we are all moved by energy sometimes without our own consent.

Also through the study of religions and zen and the opening of the mind from the energetic aspects many of my understandings have come into being.

Basically, too simplify it I wanted to understand why there was pain and why people hurt each other and I wanted to save my life having faced death for many years due to environmental poisoning. That is what motivated me. It was my path toward healing.

Have a lovely day Smile!

With love
Leigha
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: End Times - 07/24/05 02:40 AM

Both of you ladies posts are food for thought and very well expressed...
Posted by: DJ

Re: End Times - 07/24/05 06:11 PM

When Jesus came, He was fulfilling prophesies and there were some who read the spiritual signs and found Him. But keep in mind that most, especially the clergy, were expecting the fulfillment of physical signs -- that he would be an actual king with a sword to slay the enemies of the Jews, so they rejected Him. As Leigha says, scripture ought to be read with spiritual eyes ("eyes that see")

Re: End Times - 07/24/05 09:48 PM

Thank you Chatty Lady

Have a lovely day!

With love
Leigha

Re: End Times - 07/24/05 09:51 PM

Great point DJ, the past was always measured through physicality because that was what dominated life in those days...the understanding of energy and quantum physics, the 'scientific understanding of spirituality and energy' was relatively unheard of except for the Essenes who had a backgroung in seeing with 'spiritual eyes'.

Have a lovely day DJ!

With love
Leigha
Posted by: Thistle Cove Farm

Re: End Times - 07/24/05 10:13 PM

We're all in end times...eventually, our time will end.

I don't know if the Earth is in end times or not but I do try to live like today could be my last day...because one day I'm going to be right.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: End Times - 07/25/05 02:52 AM

Last days and end times were used in my childhood to scare me. My religion was fear based and although they said it was out of love, I didn't feel love. I was just scared of going to hell or being left behind during the rapture. I no longer feel this way. Even the people on earth during Christ's days felt it was the end times and wished for them to come.
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: End Times - 07/25/05 03:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by smilinize:
Instead I believe in an eternity that never begins and never ends and is going on now and has always been and always will be. I try to live every moment as a part of that eternity...But that's just me.

That's me too. I too grew up living with the confusing mixture of joy, excitement, promise, threats and fear of the "End Times". But the deeper I climbed into God's love, the more difficult it became to see anything beyond His unconditional Love, steadfast (new every morning) Mercy and no-strings-attached (free) Grace.

I like the way you put it Smile. I too think we are already active and creative co-participants in eternity and are each still here on earth to carry out our own unique and necessary purpose within this particular chunk of time. I don't know what my own specific purpose is right now, but I have to suspect that it has something to do with loving and supporting others while they carry out their purpose. I know with certainty that it isn't about scaring people (how many times in the Bible has God said "Be not afraid")or beating them over the head with their own Father's Love Letter (aka the Bible).