Hello God

Posted by: ladyjane

Hello God - 01/02/08 05:17 PM

For those who haven't heard this, I thought I'd share. I'm not a Dolly Parton fan per se but the words to this are just the way it is now.
http://gospelman.info/christian/HelloGOD.html
Posted by: jabber

Re: Hello God - 01/03/08 02:05 PM

Dear Lady,
I'm a huge fan of Dolly Parton. And I love that song.
I just petitoned God's help, like Liz did in her book, "eat, pray and love." Dolly's sentiments in above mentioned song, say how I feel. Life is hard. And I'm hurting so bad sometimes, I don't think I can stand it.
So I pray! And I pray! And I pray! Thanks for reminding me about this song, ladyjane.
Posted by: Songbird

Re: Hello God - 01/08/08 08:01 PM

Beautiful lyrics!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Hello God - 01/08/08 11:06 PM

I too love anything Dolly writers...This song is one of my favorites.

Re: Hello God - 01/30/08 09:12 PM

Happiness is not letting the world bring you down. I paraphrase this, but in the Bible somewhere it says,
[I set before you life and death: choose life.]
Where you have choices, pick the good stuff!!! Those are my words of wisdom, for the century. HaHaHaHaHaHaHa! God loves 7!!!
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Hello God - 01/30/08 11:27 PM

Jabber, how can I even begin to explain what those words mean to me...that passsage has been the mantra that has gotten me through many dark nights of the soul...every single morning of my life for more years than I can count, I have woken up with those words...today, I set before you life and death: choose life...there have been so many mornings when that is the only thing that has gotten me out of bed, knowing that I cannot give up, that this gift of a new day is given to me because God still has a plan for me - and if He insists on not giving up on me, then neither will I!

Thank you for those words. God has been continuously sending sweet small patches of light (like Song's prayers in another thread this morning, and your posting of these particular words here) into my life to remind me that He REALLY WANTS us/me to embrace the life He's given us/me. You're an inspiration on my continuing quest to figure out exactly how to think my way around the dark mountains in my mind and into the joy.

Re: Hello God - 01/31/08 03:38 PM

Eagle,
Life is difficult, at best. And you know that passage where we're told the evil roams around looking for somebody to devour? Don't give that jerk a chance to pounce. "The JOY of the Lord is my strength!" That's another goodie! I pray for God's joy! Satan tries his best to destroy God's people. And we're NOT going to let that happen.
Prayers and blessings dear heart!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Hello God - 01/31/08 08:14 PM

I too love Dolly and not necessarily for her SouthernNESS or her music, although I will say her song, I Will Always Love You, gets to me every time I hear it.

I think I admire her the most because she has stayed REAL as far as her personality and lifestyle, her marriage, and her friends. She has never waivered from being the person she is...at least if she has, I've never see or read about it. What a tribute! I wish I were more like that.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Hello God - 01/31/08 08:18 PM

Thanks for this. I have several favorite Christmas CDs, one of which is the Kenny and Dolly one. I just love it!

Re: Hello God - 02/01/08 03:12 PM

Eagle,
I've been thinking about what a struggle life is sometimes.
But you and I are fortunate in that we have this site where we can come and vent our frustrations. What a blessing this is. And Dotsie is an angel for setting it up. Look how many women can go to their posting buddies and share what bugs them. Look at how many women can get advice and find out new receipts for living. You and I and every member here have been blessed by this particular mode of expression. I know you've been through a lot. Please remember, some of the rest of us are right there with you, in that same emotional boat!!!
Prayers and blessings from my spirit to yours....

Re: Hello God - 02/03/08 03:09 PM

I've noticed posts by other members indicating the heartache they've suffered. Ten years ago, none of us had this outlet. I'm grateful that we have it now. Just counting my blessings. I guess!
Posted by: gims

Re: Hello God - 02/06/08 07:07 AM

I'm noting a blessing also. I let something go this morning. It didn't take the hurt away, but it calmed me.

My lower lip is covered with fever blisters. They pop up any time I'm under stress. Sunday morning was very stressful. I received a call from the facility at 4 A.M. My mom had tried to get out. The aide on duty wasn't doing her rounds. Two aides were on the front porch, sharing a smoke break. Mother's window faces that porch. They saw one leg come through the screen, which my mom had ripped open with her bare hands, then her head. One of them runs back intothe building to warn the hall's aide. They gave my mom a shot; WWIII broke out - she hates shots; Mother scratched the aide. The head nurse called me to come and sit with my mom until the drug could take effect. Come to find out, the med nurse hadn't given my mom her 4 o'clock meds or her 7 o'clock meds. One of my sisters had gone into the hospital for some tests & my b-n-l had gotten the message to my mom somehow (she has no phone). Mother was trying to get to my sister.
The facility sees her as a person who has Alz. escapee sypmtoms... she doesn't have any such thing... she was just simply trying to get to her baby as a caring mother would.
One page in the family chronicles.

Re: Hello God - 02/08/08 06:57 PM

gimster,
Some of those facilities are unbelievable. I've a friend in a facility. If they don't watch her, she doesn't take her meds. Then she goes off the deep end: hits everybody in sight, including me. Man she pounded on me one day like I was a punching bag. But I know it's because she has been so mentally abused, and feels so helpless, she doesn't know what else to do. I'm the only one that won't fight back.
I'm sorry you're going through all that but I do understand, how it is! Let's pray for each other!!!!

Last night on American Idol, the judges mentioned Dolly Parton in uplifting and favorable tones. That made me feel
good. Because Randy, Paula and Simon aren't always in complimentary moods. But their respect and admiration for Dolly showed. And I liked that.
Prayers and blessings...