Yesterday Ross and I, along with 35,000 others, attended the Billy Graham Festival that was held at Oriole Park. The last time he was here was 1981. At that time I was wandering lost without many thoughts of faith.

I went out of curiosity and was also hoping for a spiritual renewal. I'm always willing to delve deeper, learn more, feel closer, etc.

It was lovely!

We listened to several testimonies on the big screen that were given by local men and women. My favorite was Ben Carson's, the brain surgeon from Hopkins. I've read all his books and was happy to see they chose his story. He gave his life to Christ after stabbing someone. By the grace of God, he hit the guys belt buckle and was spared the tragedy that could have unfolded. His mother was a faithful women raising two boys in the ghetto. After the incident, he went home and began reading the Bible his mom always had in the bathroom. He read Proverbs for three hours and chose to follow Christ. You might want to check out his books at Amazon. They are quick reads that will inspire the heck out of you!

There was lots of music, but my favorite part that brought me to tears was when Newsboys took the stage and all the teens stood and sang and danced along with the band. Witnessing youth who follow Christ moves me tremendously because I know how hard it is to follow Him as an adult.

When the sang:

It's all God's children
Singing glory, glory
Allelelia, He reigns

I had to wipe away the tears.

Evangelism is something that isn't done the Billy Graham way when you are a Presbyterian. I tend to be a little reserved when sharing my faith, but I have to tell you...I was moved tremendously when I listened to him speak, then saw thousands of people going forward to commit to Christ.

Can you imagine the work Billy Graham has done for Christ during his earthly visit. It's mind boggling...isn't it? One man, that's all.

So I came away thinking more seriously about what God is calling me to do... It was well worth it!