This is something I need to write and submit, but for now I'll give you the rough draft version:

Many of you know Ross is a Diabetic. He's probably one of the healthiest people I know because he takes such good care of himself.

Diabetes is a hell of a disease because you can take excellent care of yourself and all you have to do is take a little too much insulin/not enough food and end up in big trouble. [Mad]

This has happened 3 times in a 9 day period. I shared about the first one in the Friends Heal Friends forum. The second time the kids and I managed without having to call 911. [Wink]

The third time I awoke to him convulsing and in a pool of sweat and immediately called 911. Very scary, trust me. The patient 911 woman stayed on the phone with me until the firemen and paramedics arrived.

911 was giving me all these instructions as I was yelling to the kids for things from the bedroom. Remind you, this is the middle of the night and I'm waking sleeping teens. God love 'em. One arrives with oj and a bowl of sugar. Unfortunately convulsing people can't drink oj, but you can put sugar on their lips. Did that, he spit it out. All I could do was sit next to him and keep him from falling out of bed. I couldn't get a blood test because I couldn't keep his hand still long enough. The operator could hear his hands hitting the headboard, but didn't freak. She's trained. I'm not! She simply asked what the noise was.

Fortunately we live minutes from the firehouse. I continued to ask her when they would be here and in her very calm voice she kept saying, "They're on their way mam."

She told me to get the dog out of the way, get his doctor's name and medicines ready and have someone unlock the door for the paramedics. I'm thinking this is definitely a trip to the ER. Yelling orders from the bedroom, we kept things under control.

I started praying outloud while I was waiting. The operator just listened. I don't recall what I was praying, but it doesn't matter.

I heard the engines out front and knew help was on the way.

Moments later the firemen and paramedics stepped through the front door and my husband STOPPED convulsing. [Wink] They took his blood sugar and it was 100. "Impossible!" I kept saying as I paraded in my pj's like a blithering idiot, crazy woman. "I swear he was convulsing two seconds ago. You can ask the operator." They asked him his name and he was coherent. He answered and continued to become clearer by the second. NO SUGAR, remind you. He had received no sugar to his system.

I had my daughter come and test him with her glucometer, then used his, then the paramedics again...and it was in the 20's but he knew what was going on. If you're a doctor, diabetic, or care giver for a diabetic you know there is no medical explanation for this. [Wink]

The paramedics gave him a half dose of glucose and were on their way.

Ross remembers hearing NONE of the phone conversation with the 911 operator. He recalls hearing the firemen and paramediccs entering the house.

The next day while going over all this with my kids, my youngest son who had the dog in his bedroom with him said, "Geek(nickname for our dog) and I said a prayer for Dad too." I asked him if it as before or after the help arrived. He said, "Before they got here!"

Okay ladies. I swear I witnessed a medical miracle and it's very freaky, but I BELIEVE! God's honest truth!

Several years ago I organized a Prayer Panel at our church with local doctors, nurses, and ministers. The topic was the power of prayer. The panelists shared the medical miracles they had witnessed. Now I could be on the panel! [Big Grin]

Ross was up and at work seeing patients by 7:30 AM that very morning!

Anyone else experienced a miracle of any kind?