The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 174 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#12857 - 12/13/04 09:37 PM medical miracle
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This is something I need to write and submit, but for now I'll give you the rough draft version:

Many of you know Ross is a Diabetic. He's probably one of the healthiest people I know because he takes such good care of himself.

Diabetes is a hell of a disease because you can take excellent care of yourself and all you have to do is take a little too much insulin/not enough food and end up in big trouble. [Mad]

This has happened 3 times in a 9 day period. I shared about the first one in the Friends Heal Friends forum. The second time the kids and I managed without having to call 911. [Wink]

The third time I awoke to him convulsing and in a pool of sweat and immediately called 911. Very scary, trust me. The patient 911 woman stayed on the phone with me until the firemen and paramedics arrived.

911 was giving me all these instructions as I was yelling to the kids for things from the bedroom. Remind you, this is the middle of the night and I'm waking sleeping teens. God love 'em. One arrives with oj and a bowl of sugar. Unfortunately convulsing people can't drink oj, but you can put sugar on their lips. Did that, he spit it out. All I could do was sit next to him and keep him from falling out of bed. I couldn't get a blood test because I couldn't keep his hand still long enough. The operator could hear his hands hitting the headboard, but didn't freak. She's trained. I'm not! She simply asked what the noise was.

Fortunately we live minutes from the firehouse. I continued to ask her when they would be here and in her very calm voice she kept saying, "They're on their way mam."

She told me to get the dog out of the way, get his doctor's name and medicines ready and have someone unlock the door for the paramedics. I'm thinking this is definitely a trip to the ER. Yelling orders from the bedroom, we kept things under control.

I started praying outloud while I was waiting. The operator just listened. I don't recall what I was praying, but it doesn't matter.

I heard the engines out front and knew help was on the way.

Moments later the firemen and paramedics stepped through the front door and my husband STOPPED convulsing. [Wink] They took his blood sugar and it was 100. "Impossible!" I kept saying as I paraded in my pj's like a blithering idiot, crazy woman. "I swear he was convulsing two seconds ago. You can ask the operator." They asked him his name and he was coherent. He answered and continued to become clearer by the second. NO SUGAR, remind you. He had received no sugar to his system.

I had my daughter come and test him with her glucometer, then used his, then the paramedics again...and it was in the 20's but he knew what was going on. If you're a doctor, diabetic, or care giver for a diabetic you know there is no medical explanation for this. [Wink]

The paramedics gave him a half dose of glucose and were on their way.

Ross remembers hearing NONE of the phone conversation with the 911 operator. He recalls hearing the firemen and paramediccs entering the house.

The next day while going over all this with my kids, my youngest son who had the dog in his bedroom with him said, "Geek(nickname for our dog) and I said a prayer for Dad too." I asked him if it as before or after the help arrived. He said, "Before they got here!"

Okay ladies. I swear I witnessed a medical miracle and it's very freaky, but I BELIEVE! God's honest truth!

Several years ago I organized a Prayer Panel at our church with local doctors, nurses, and ministers. The topic was the power of prayer. The panelists shared the medical miracles they had witnessed. Now I could be on the panel! [Big Grin]

Ross was up and at work seeing patients by 7:30 AM that very morning!

Anyone else experienced a miracle of any kind?

#12858 - 12/14/04 12:13 AM Re: medical miracle
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Dotsie, what a memory jog for me.
I was very young and didn't understand much about death or dying until my grandfather got sick.
My mom came up to my room late in the night and told me that he was really bad and "wouldn't" make it through the night. I remember crying, kneeling on my bed, joining my hands,looking up at my crucifix and making a deal with God. I asked if he would make Pop better and I would be a really good girl, I promised.
The next day my Mom was saying what a miracle he was. God had answered my prayer and my Pop lived to be 99 years old.
When he passed, I was at a time in my life when I asked God to safely carry him Home. The time frame must be at least 30 years difference!
I have no doubt that God answered my prayer that night and 30 years later as well.

#12859 - 12/14/04 03:07 AM Re: medical miracle
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Dotsie, there are miracles all around us. I'm glad that you and the kids understand this for what it was, and even happier that Ross is doing well.

#12860 - 12/14/04 03:37 AM Re: medical miracle
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Dotsie,
I do believe in Miracles and that is what happen. How wonderful.

#12861 - 12/14/04 03:45 AM Re: medical miracle
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
My heart was in my throat Dotsie-what we all can take for granted.

I do beleive in medical miracles, as you know.

God bless you all.

Lynn

#12862 - 12/14/04 05:27 AM Re: medical miracle
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I kinow what you mean as a Diabetic myself but not as serious as your husband. I only have type 2. I believe in miracles and Chickadee I especially believe that God hears the prayers of children especially. Like yours and Dotsie's sons. I hope this holiday finds all in your household happy, healthy and free from any stressful episodes. You are a very strong lady Dotsie and he's so lucky to have you. We all are. [Wink]

#12863 - 12/14/04 04:17 PM Re: medical miracle
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
I do believe in miracles! Thank God He heard your prayer. That's wonderful, and thank you so much for sharing.

#12864 - 12/14/04 07:43 PM Re: medical miracle
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Dotsie,
Thanks for sharing this miracle with us. I too believe in miracles. It would make a wonderful story for we diabetics.
Maggie

#12865 - 12/14/04 07:47 PM Re: medical miracle
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
I'm glad God answered your prayers in such a marvelous way.

In Isaiah 65:24-"And it shall come to pass, that before they call I will asnwer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear".

God's promises are TRUE! and we can claim them for ourselves and our loved ones any time we need them. Isn't God WONDEARFUL?

Miracles happen every day, but what an experience it is to actually be part of them!

Blessings

[ December 14, 2004, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: Songbird ]

#12866 - 12/14/04 07:59 PM Re: medical miracle
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Yes, I've witnessed miracles, but this was over the top. I guess most of what I've experienced are blessings, God's grace, answer to prayer, but this was a flat out MIRACLE. [Wink]

Chick, what a great story, and to learn it at such a young age is wonderful. Powerful for a little folk!

[ December 14, 2004, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved