As some here know, I have an injured spinal cord.
I had my exam yesterday and my latest information is not so fun for me.
I am told that my spinal cord is still sending "irregular" signals so my body is still affected by the injury. My nerves have not bypassed the injury.
Since my injury to the cord is so high, (C5-C6, for those who know,) it is affecting my whole body.
I will always, it seems, have not a lot of use of my left arm, esp. the thumb and forefinger, despite all my therapy and work.
I will still not be able to sit or stand for more than 30 min. without a break, maybe an even shorter time...
I will still tire easily which in my case means that I have one day that I am able to do things and I must rest the second day, even if it is a dinner out!
I can only work out and dance for twenty min. every other day and it won't change.
I have other areas that are affected by the cord malfunction as well that I will not mention.
I will always need pain meds.
I have waited the maximum time for recovery and for "rewiring," to take place so this is unlikely to change for me.
I am sad about this and trying to plan my life with these limitations to deal with. I am still in my forties so this is a blow.
Philip, my husband, is taking it much better than I, believe it or not. He feels that like any older athlete, my body is just beat up and I need to slow down.
If I forget to stand, after sitting for a bit, I am in pain and need meds. If I forget to sit after standing for too long, the same occurs.
I need a bit of a new life. Although I am experienced in production, the effort is so intense, (see " All that Jazz,") I don't know if I will proceed.
I still have my photography and my interest so far as subjects does not require me to move about a lot and run and chase.
I just needed to put it out there...
Dancer, still dancing if only for 20 min.

"Question your privilege"