Recently I had quite a scare. I was experiencing shortness of breath, heart palpitations and soaring blood pressure with out warning or reason. I tried to think of what could be the cause. The one thing I was doing different seemed to cause a reaction with my bowels (sorry) but they were actually slimey...
I had been journaling what I eat and one item seemed to jump out at me, SPLENDA sweetner. I drink about 8 cups of tea a day and always use the Splenda, one thing I noticed was an inordinate amountg of gas and the bowel thingy. I used 2 envelopes of Splenda in each cup of tea and also in cereal I eat and I put it into oatmeal. I stopped using it completely to see and in 2 days the gas disappeared and the third day my blood pressure was normal, no pains or palpitations....my bowels are normal too. I apparently was poisoning my body with something in this sweetner....so be careful ladies. I've gone back to Sweet & Low and crystalized chunks of real sugar from the health food store before its been processed and ruined....