Boy I didn't know where to put this.

There seems to be a lot of animal lovers and experts on here and I need some help. My husband arrived in my life with a cat. He rescued it only about a month before we met, but is attached. I love how he cares for the cat and I'm growing attached also.
Problem is, my husband and I are both allergic to the darned thing. It is a long haired cat with dander and hair in the air constantly making us both cough and sneeze.
Also, he is old (the cat, not my husband) [Smile] and had these urine problems (the cat, not my husband) [Smile] which we finally got under control with diet, but he still spits up hair balls (the cat, not my husband) [Smile] We're re-carpeting soon and simply put, this guy has to GO! (the cat, not my husband) [Smile]
No one wants him (the cat, not my husband) [Smile] and the humane folks will only put him to sleep (the cat, not my husband) [Smile] . We can't either seem to deal with that.
A friend who had a similar problem moved the cat outside to a dog house and only allows him inside for petting, etc. (the cat, not her husband) [Smile] I'm considering that. I've been singing that song from "The Jeffersons," "Moving on up" to the cat for days. I'm trying to convince him (the cat, not my husband) [Smile] that he's moving to a fancier pad.
Help.... Any ideas??
smile

[ May 14, 2004, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: smilinize ]