Does anyone else have experience with pain from muscle knots? Somehow, and I sure don't know how, I have developed muscle knots over the last several months. I have really bad neck pain that radiates up into my occipital area. The knots are supposedly in my back. I don't feel it in my back. I feel it in my neck. I have done just about everything possible to help elivate the pain. I have been to the chiropractor for adjustments, had all kinds of heat therapy, ultra sound therapy, massage therapy, and physical therapy. I have done so many neck exercises, I think my neck is as strong as a body builder...but it still hurts. I have taken muscle relaxants, which didn't make me sleepy like my doctor said it would, but made me feel drugged, nauseas, and made my heart pound. I had to quit taking those. Then the doctor told me to take 600 to 800 mg of Ibuprofen. I have never taken Ibuprofen before. It worked pretty darn good for the pain but I had to quit that too. After a month of taking ibuprofen, I had horrible insomnia, heartburn, indigestion, and headaches from taking it. Massage( deep tissue) therapy had worked the best, but that is very expensive and insurance doesn't cover the cost of that. Good grief! What to do?