The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 158 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#221366 - 05/31/18 10:15 PM MOLLIE'S FOLLIES
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
MOLLIE'S FOLLIES is a revised version of "Fractured-The state of having been broken." The main character, Mary Lynn Sharp, aka Mollie, is a prime example of what happens when a little girl is traumatized throughout her formative years. Rippling affects of such a stormy childhood has a negative impact on everybody she meets along life's road. Utmost motivation for writing this novel is an attempt to influence adults to be more careful of what they say to and how they handle human babies. wink

#221376 - 06/20/18 06:56 PM Re: MOLLIE'S FOLLIES [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Sounds interesting, Jabber. What made you decide to rewrite the original book?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#221383 - 06/20/18 11:19 PM Re: MOLLIE'S FOLLIES [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Well, Anne.
When a person is learning to play a musical instrument, they don't always hit the proper notes. IMHO writing takes practice, as well. I've rewritten this difficult subject matter a few times. Parents too immature to be parenting, oftentimes traumatize their infants' formative years. Everybody those mistreated babies come in contact with throughout their lives, suffer. And it's the crux of what I'm tackling!

And as you know, I got some bum advice from "so-called" experts.
When I started out, I had three manuscripts in mind. A couple years back, I worked on two stories at once. Then, I went back to doing them one at a time.

#221395 - 07/06/18 07:23 PM Re: MOLLIE'S FOLLIES [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I think it would be tough to write on more than one manuscript at a time, Jabber. At least for me, it'd be too hard to keep equal focus on both.

But I can understand having one active project and one on the "back burner," doing research for the upcoming project.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#221403 - 07/25/18 02:59 PM Re: MOLLIE'S FOLLIES [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Well I rewrote the first manuscript a few times because of this framed plaque on the wall in an economics class. [If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.] I never forgot that.

I had a trilogy in mind when I started out: "Mollie's Follies"; "Blue Pearl & Pepper Rose"; and "Father's Farms"! Instead of doing what Diana Galbaldon does, writing 1,000 pages in one manuscript, I prefer to split them up. Actually, I wanted "Mollie's Follies" to be around 200 pages; but, it didn't work out that way.

#221430 - 09/05/18 01:58 PM Re: MOLLIE'S FOLLIES [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Well, all I can say is, "first-time authors are an anxious lot."

sleep

#221453 - 09/21/18 07:00 PM Re: MOLLIE'S FOLLIES [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Since I asked for book reviews and received none, here's a short story-line from its lonesome author.
In new novel, "Mollie's Follies," young, beautiful Mary Lynn Sharp, aka Mollie, is on the run, after a bitter childhood and having been cast into life without guidance. Forced to quit school, she has little money, and no support system; but, Mollie is traveling the USA Mainland alone. East Coast to West Coast, and back again, this tall, thin teen is searching for compassion, love, and a place to call home.
https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/bookshelf
https://www.amazon.com/author/bonnie.mill-lemke

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved