I recently filed for divorce after 15 years of marriage. My husband thought doing drugs gambling, lying, cheating, refusing to get a job and work was okay, I didn't.
When I filed, I asked him to leave, he said his lawyer told him he doesn't have to leave until the divorce is final. So he stays in our home, does not work, does not clean. doesn't help. Basically sleeps, plays games on the computer and goes out to the lake fishing. And of cource, complains if there is not enough milk, or bread in the house. We have three teenage children in the home, so I try to keep it as civil as possible. Well recently, he began internet dating and actually brought my 12 year old daughter to meet one of the women that he has been talking to over the internet. He has never met her before. Then 2 nights ago, my daughters found out, that when he said he was going out fishing, he was actually at a motel room with that same woman, they called the hotel room, yelled at their dad and the woman. This woman had no idea he wasn't divorced yet. Well the girls were torn up. I was up until 1am with them calming them down. I am also pregnant. My soon to be ex is the father.
My questions are...
How can I use this regarding child custody.
My kids don't want me to tell the court what their dad is up to. Their mad at him, but they love him.
He is still here, living in the house.
The kids were calling me at work yesterday, begging me to come home because they didn't want to be home with dad.
I took today off.
How can I use this information in my favor for child custody and how can I help my kids through this.
Thanks,
emmarose