Hello, friends. Wanted to give you an update on my situation...

I got a phone call a couple of days ago from a man who claimed to be the husband of a woman my soon-to-be-ex was having an ongoing affair with. In fact, according to him, he just found out that his wife and my husband have been in close contact for the last twenty years, and that things have been heating up for a couple of years now. This is a woman who my husband never mentioned, unlike the assortment of male and female platonic friends we both knew from before our marriage, and would update one another about whenever we heard from one of them.

Needless to say, this stranger's call caught me right in the solar plexus, like a punch in the gut. I felt like I was thrust smack in the middle of a Jerry Springer show in spite of always trying to take the higher moral ground, and teaching that to my children as well. To add insult to injury, my kids intercepted the original message he left for me on the home answering machine and now they know about the whole sordid affair. As adolescents they are having a very difficult time with this information.

At least now I finally have closure as it finally makes sense why their dad did not want to go to counseling and try to save our marriage. But boy, do I feel duped. At first I was so angry I thought I'd pop a vein, but now I just feel sorry for the jerk, because he has finally shown his true colors and lost whatever remaining respect he once had from his kids or me.

It's funny how sometimes it is hard to see the good in what is happening to you, especially when it is something as painful as divorce. But now that I know he has been cheating on me and lying for years, I am truly grateful to be getting out of this marriage.

Truth is stranger than fiction...

Foundhervoice-atlast