The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 156 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#9304 - 07/25/03 01:49 PM My anniversary
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
Well, God's sense of timing is once again leaving me gaping and gasping. I learned yesterday that my first divorce hearing is set for August 5 which is my 15th wedding anniversary. How sick is that? Should I pull out the dress I was married in and wear it to the hearing? Mental illness and cruelty are the cause of the divorce, it is never something that I wanted or thought was a possibility. I remember the steamy, humid day, fifteen years ago, when my future was so full of promise. I was so very, very happy and sure that I'd found my life partner...my friend.
How can life take such wicked turns? Why do I feel like such a miserable failure? Why does my best friend hate me? Oh, ponder, ponder, ponder.

#9305 - 07/25/03 03:38 PM Re: My anniversary
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Kathryn,
First of all, if you best friend HATES you, well, I would rethink the "best" friend thing. People who are your real friends don't hate you no matter what happens...they love you unconditionally. I hope that wasn't too strong a message because it was sent out of love, promise. I hope that you will put all of your worries in God's hands as he will not only guide you, but protect you and show you the way. Let God handle it. All you have to do is ask. He will you know!

I am so sorry you are having to go through a divorce, and such a painful one as well. I can only tell you that I will pray that you get through this as quickly as possible so that you can begin anew. I will be thinking of you on that day and sending lots of hugs. Take care of yourself and you have a friend here; unconditionally.

#9306 - 07/26/03 04:40 AM Re: My anniversary
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
That's pretty sick, but sounds like you have a good sense of humor about it. Could you see the faces as you walked in there wearing your gown? [Big Grin]

Knowing you are a women a faith you must believe your future is still full of promise...God just hasn't revealed that part YET. I have total faith that He will shower you with the silver lining to what is appearing as a very dark cloud right now.

Praying the storms pass and the skies clear for you soon! You are in my thoughts often and my prayers too! [Smile]

#9307 - 07/27/03 01:52 AM Re: My anniversary
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
Kathryn --

my thoughts on this is that

everything goes full circle --

we start out -- we go round -- we end --

life --- relationships --- EVERYTHING in life goes full circle --

you have fought with this situation from the beginning -- how could this happen -- why had this happen -- how can i stop it from happening --

perhaps this is a sign that this was SUPPOSED to happen -- HAD to happen --

by going full circle -- August 5th to August 5th -- as a woman who believes -- i have to believe that God is telling you that everything will be okay -- for you -- for your children -- for your best friend --

sometimes by walking away -- you find the circle that takes you right back -- and if this is true in this case -- the time will come when everything will work out -- but even be better -- and if this ISN'T the case -- please believe me when I tell you --

something is right around the corner that will make it all worthwhile

don't get caught up in the "facts of this earth" -- remember God's will be done

and remember that we are here for you [Smile]

i am beginning to think that August is a time God's chosen to test us all [Embarrassed]

#9308 - 07/29/03 08:46 PM Re: My anniversary
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Lionspaaw, my dear, concerning the date of your court hearing... you would be *amazed* at how many people find themselves in the same situation. My parents' divorce was heard on their anniversary date, and many of my mother's divorced friends reported the same thing. I thought that I would be spared such a thing (in the case of my first marriage, but then I discovered that the final judgement of divorce was rubber-stamped on the date we got engaged!

Try not to read too much into it. My feeling is that life / reality is circular, sort of like the way they say space itself is curved. Everything eventually comes full circle, and perhaps we should not be surprised that something ends on the day it began, only years later. I dunno, one of those cosmic mysteries. This sort of thing happens to me frequently. Think of it as a blessing, a way that the Divine gives us closure maybe.

Hugs & Blessings,
Lil [Eek!]

#9309 - 07/29/03 08:58 PM Re: My anniversary
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Oooops! Sorry, Kathryn and Lionspaaw! I got the names mixed up, concerning posts about the court date and the cosmic weirdness of it all. Next time I promise to sit down at the computer withmy glasses on. The thoughts were right, but the brain did a backflip on the names. Please forgive!

Hugs & blessings,
Lil

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved