The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 180 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#9772 - 11/21/05 05:46 AM divorce financial shenanigans
foundhervoice-atlast Offline

Loc: Colorado
Whew! I am so angry! I had a meeting last week with both attorneys and the soon-to-be-ex, and once again the husband and his evil lawyer made promises to me (in order to avoid going in front of the magistrate, is my best guess)that they are already renegging on. What is the use of these financial meetings if they cannot be reinforced?

I am literally at the jerk's mercy for money to live on. Does anybody have any suggestions? Help! [Eek!]

#9773 - 11/21/05 01:00 PM Re: divorce financial shenanigans
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
get all the promises in writing.

Maybe you should go to the magistrate after all.

#9774 - 11/21/05 06:37 PM Re: divorce financial shenanigans
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I'm with Meredith. They are probably worried the magistrate will side with you.

#9775 - 11/22/05 04:09 AM Re: divorce financial shenanigans
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I think you know the answer to the question foundhervoice. Unless something is in writing never trust a lawyer and certainly not the soon to be ex who is looking out for himself and not you. Listen to Meredith and Dianne and go see the Magistrate before its a done deal and too late for you.

#9776 - 11/22/05 10:50 AM Re: divorce financial shenanigans

The problem is that everything IS in writing and that has not stopped them from using delay tactics. They still haven't complied with things they agreed to last August.

Is my lawyer messing up?

#9777 - 11/23/05 08:03 AM Re: divorce financial shenanigans
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

No, it's a tactic of your husband and his lawyer to stall, hoping you will get scared or tired of the battle and give up everything. My ex drug out divorce out for over a year and we weren't even fighting over anything. We had nothing!

Your atty can't do anything to stop the stalling. Face it, men believe that women will get scared. They try to use it against us. We don't like to go to war. They do. Just wait and let your atty get emotional about this. This is why you pay him.

#9778 - 11/23/05 08:04 AM Re: divorce financial shenanigans
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

P.S. Can you get temporary support in the meantime?

#9779 - 11/23/05 05:30 AM Re: divorce financial shenanigans
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I usually agree with Dianne and do about their stall tactics but seems to me your lawyer isn't doing his best and if he is, you may need a new lawyer....

#9780 - 11/26/05 01:54 PM Re: divorce financial shenanigans

Sorry - i have not had a chance to check the posts over the last few days and was really happy and grateful to see your responses when I logged on today.

The current attorney is actually a female, and my third lawyer to date. The first one was a man who was supposed to be a snake...he told me to give up trying to protect my kids from their dad because the laws in Colorado were too difficult and favored equal parenting time unless the father was a heroin addict and convicted child molester. Just being a terrible absentee dad with documented poor decision making abilities that endangered his children's lives would not be sufficient to get me sole or even primary custody of my kids. He also advised me to give my husband anything he asked for monetarily because it was more important to get free of the jerk and move on with my life. i fired him.

The next lawyer was a pretty sharp woman whose aggressive tendencies turned to mush soon after she got pregnant. I started getting the feeling that she was letting too many important things slide so I showed her work to several other attorneys for their professional opinion. That's when i started looking for a new lawyer.

This latest one started out being very aggressive and looked like the kind of professional who could give the husband and his evil henchman a run for their money. But lately she too seems to be more concerned about being seen as fair than going on the offensive. Maybe I'm being too unrealistic about the situation or have too high expectations after watching too much television court drama, but i find it hard to believe that a judge would allow a man to get away with not paying child or spousal support, when there is proof that he is capable of working and that he has systematically hidden assets to make it look like he has no money. Am i being naive here or what?

#9781 - 11/26/05 06:42 PM Re: divorce financial shenanigans
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

A good judge would make a man get a job and support his children.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved