This is definitely a rollercoaster summer with the kids. Our oldest has taken the summer after college off so he is in and out, coming and going to see friends and having a grand time. Our youngest son is away at college so we don't see him...sigh! And our daughter is away at college baut comes home occasionally to visit and/or spend the night.

The other morning, after our daughter spent a couple nights with us and went back to school, I woke up thinking she was still here. It wasn't until I was awake a couple hours and she didn't get up that I realized she went back to school the night before. I'm losing my mind.

Are any of your doors swinging open and shut this summer? Or do you recall the time when they did? While I love their visits, I miss them when they ar egone again. It's like a big tease. Then after they are gone a couple days, we settle back into our empty nest and love it! I guess we have to live in the moment and appreciate the times with and without them, and the time spent alone with our spouses. This is definitely a time of growth for me. I'm still learning.