The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#211300 - 02/27/11 09:15 PM Need help downsizing. Declutter my home.
RuthEH Offline

Vote today if I should keep the daily household item I photograph and post a different item each day- I find it hard to throw things out!
keeporpitch.wordpress.com

#211305 - 02/28/11 12:55 AM Re: Need help downsizing. Declutter my home. [Re: RuthEH]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Hi Ruth,

welcome to Boomer Women Speak. We're glad you found our site, and wish you good luck with your downsizing.

It's a tough job, but you'll be glad you did it once you're done.

Anne
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#211373 - 03/04/11 01:44 AM Re: Need help downsizing. Declutter my home. [Re: Anne Holmes]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
WELCOME Ruth! When downsizing take it a day at a time Ruth, and if possible a room at a time. It takes a bit longer but there is far less stress and it is so much easier that way. As far as throwing things away if you haven't used it in nearly a year it is diffinitely not needed by you but maybe someone else could use it. Salvation Army and others will pick up your donations and even give you a receipt for taxes if you want one.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#211382 - 03/04/11 07:30 PM Re: Need help downsizing. Declutter my home. [Re: chatty lady]
Boomer in Chief

Great advice, Chatty. Good luck, Ruth!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#211551 - 03/13/11 12:50 PM Re: Need help downsizing. Declutter my home. [Re: Anne Holmes]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Hi Ruth, I got a kick out of your website. Voted on a couple of things to pitch. Also got a kick out of how easy it is to tell you to get rid of something when I have the same problem. I have a lot of "stuff" and not much space. My husband and I are trying to get rid of some clutter. The dining room is looking good right now.

My computer room is the biggest problem. I have everything I can't get rid of in here and a lot that I should get rid of in here too. Yesterday, my 4 year old granddaughter noticed a stack of pictures in frames on my floor. I was deciding which ones were going back in the living room and which ones weren't and moved them out of the way because she was coming.

She saw them anyway. When she came to one of her in a nice frame, she said, "Mimi, if you get rid of some of this crap on your desk you can put this picture of me right here." She proceeded to move papers out of the way and placed her photo right beside my monitor. She said it in such a cute way and was really trying to help me out and also did not want her picture on the floor, I guess. But, the kid made sense. I went through some stuff on the desk last night and plan to go through more today. As a writer, I have so much paper around. I found a photo album I had bought and will put some of the photos in that and get rid of the frames. Less dusting. Good luck to you.

#212066 - 04/12/11 09:08 PM Re: Need help downsizing. Declutter my home. [Re: Louisa]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Someone told me when downsizing that if you haven't used something in a year or more...GET RID OF IT!!! I did just that and what a wonderful difference it made in my space.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#212068 - 04/13/11 02:45 AM Re: Need help downsizing. Declutter my home. [Re: chatty lady]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
This is finally getting done with my stuff as well! Went thru some old craft supplies for a friend I know can use them. It feels good, in a way. Sometimes I just hate to part with stuff that I treasured, but life goes on.

One step at a time!

#212069 - 04/13/11 04:01 AM Re: Need help downsizing. Declutter my home. [Re: chatty lady]
Boomer in Chief

I have a lot of artwork we'd collected over the years. Steve and I had really enjoyed going to art shows and art fairs and buying work from regional artists.

Since we've moved to Galena we've lived in two homes, neither of which has enough clear wall space for the collection. I have 3 pieces in my office as does Steve, and we have two in the main hall and two in the living room...

That leaves about 2 dozen pieces that are just sitting in closets, totally unappreciated. And have been for over 5 years now...

I am willing to sell it, but I'm curious: Is there any place I can sell framed art where I might actually get a reasonable price for it? It is mostly limited edition prints. The artists ARE NOT famous, but their work is good.

Thoughts?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved