The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 162 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#221334 - 03/18/17 12:44 PM Age appropriate???
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
When I was a kid women in the oldest generation, wanted to dress in an age-appropriate fashion. This idea no longer seems to be a fashion factor. Do you notice that concept too...

#221340 - 04/09/17 10:08 PM Re: Age appropriate??? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Nobody cares!

#221391 - 06/27/18 03:18 PM Re: Age appropriate??? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

I'm wondering if any of you, think about age appropriate clothes?
Or am I just from the "old school" type thinking?

#221393 - 06/28/18 06:57 PM Re: Age appropriate??? [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Not sure what you mean do I think about this, Jabber?

Are you asking if I see ads for fashions or actually see people wearing something -- like leggings -- and say to myself: "I'm too old to wear that?"

Or do you mean do I try to decide what to wear to some event or situation based on the fact that I believe I ought to be presenting myself as a woman who is over 60?

For me, I've been interested in fashion since I was in my a preteen. That's why I studied fashion design in college.

But the clothes I wear these days are pretty much a uniform I wear - with minor seasonal variations - essentially everywhere: Slim-fitting Cotton Knit Pants in a very basic color (black, navy or burgundy for example) and a simple colorful top.

In winter my top half is wearing a turtleneck sweater, spring and fall it's a long-sleeved cotton turtleneck, and right now, when it's hot - I wear a scoop neck or V-neck t-shirt.

I dress my sweaters and shirts up with scarves, of which I own dozens as I've been collecting them since I was in college.

I do own about three pair of leggings, which I wear for working out. And I have a couple of skirts and dresses, which I wear less than 5x/year, I'd guess.

That's me - fashion wise - in a nutshell.

Is that what you were asking?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#221411 - 08/14/18 11:00 PM Re: Age appropriate??? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Well, I've seen women which appear to be in their 80's wearing tight jeans and beaded shirts and jackets, like the younger crowd wear. And they look like they're trying to bring back their youth. My mom and grandma always wore house dresses, so maybe I'm off the mark.

#221415 - 08/16/18 07:45 PM Re: Age appropriate??? [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Not sure I'll ever wear house dresses, Jabber.

The fact is, I don't like wearing dresses and when I quit working in an office and started working from home, they were the first thing I got rid of!

Give me comfy cotton knit slacks - or even leggings - any day.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#221424 - 08/24/18 12:18 AM Re: Age appropriate??? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

I don't like dresses either, Anne. I like jeans and slacks and big tops with lots of room to move.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved