The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 145 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#207180 - 08/30/10 12:18 AM JEANS?
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
What kind of jeans are you wearing? It used to be that a woman in middle-age would not wear jeans, but we are the bell-bottom boomers, so jeans are a staple. I've worn L.L.Bean, Land's End, Levi's, Vanderbilt, Guess, JonesNY, ColdwaterCreek. Has anyone worn the Macy's store brand? I'm shopping for new jeans, and I want them to be feminine. What do you like?

#207186 - 08/30/10 02:01 AM Re: JEANS? [Re: Princess Lenora]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Lately I prefer Wrangler and Cruel Girl bootcut with either waste or midwaste styles. I do not like the low waste styles b/c they seem to fall and I'd constantly pull them up -- wouldn't want anyone to see my coin slot! My favorites are Gap jeans; however, the nearest store is too far away!

I did not know Macy's had their own denim brand, how do they fit?

#207189 - 08/30/10 02:13 AM Re: JEANS? [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Mustang you can order from any of these stores through the computer. All have websites!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#207195 - 08/30/10 12:35 PM Re: JEANS? [Re: chatty lady]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Right, but I like to try them on in the store -- its the whole experience of feel and touch and not guessing.

#207196 - 08/30/10 12:53 PM Re: JEANS? [Re: ]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I wear the Gloria Vanderbilt jeans (only available in Zellers here in Canada). They're so comfy, and I like the material. I'm like Yonuh, jeans (and bras and shoes) are two things I have to try on, not only for sizing but for the material. If I already know the brand and/or style, I'll order online. I order almost everything online now, but when it comes to clothes, I only order from places with very easy return policies (we actually don't have as many options here as in the US).

(Maya Angelou)

#207224 - 08/31/10 07:38 PM Re: JEANS? [Re: Eagle Heart]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Levi's....my pr. is over 10 yrs. old. I just haven't addressed the matter of buying new jeans. I haven't been happy with the styles or with pricing. So for now I've given up for now.

For casual wear, I am in cycling wear or other clothing that I find another excuse not to look for new jeans.

#207226 - 08/31/10 08:00 PM Re: JEANS? [Re: orchid]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I have 2 pairs of Land's End boot cut jeans that I bought 10 years ago for horse-back riding. They are tough and durable but not very attractive. Orchid, at least you stayed the same size for a decade! Must be the cycling keeping you trim.

#207236 - 09/01/10 02:24 AM Re: JEANS? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Most recently I've worn Levi's boot cut and Ann Taylor Loft boot cut. I like both. Haven't worn either this summer and am wondering if they're still going to fit. Sigh...

I don't order pants online. I tried on three pairs of Levi's, same size, same cut, in the same store and only one pair fit.

Princess, I think I'll be looking for new jeans very soon too.

Good luck.

#207244 - 09/01/10 11:40 AM Re: JEANS? [Re: Dotsie]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I went shopping just yesterday at a women's wear store (called Reitmans...don't know if they're in the US). I had a coupon and they had a good sale. So I tried on lots of pants that are designed to be "between" dress pants and jeans. The saleslady urged me to try on a pair of 'comfort jeans', but the look didn't appeal to me. After trying on many others, I finally took her advice, and the moment I put them on, didn't want to take them off. They were so comfortable, and lighter than jeans, which makes them handy for traveling (we're always having to watch our weight restrictions when packing these days). So I bought two pairs (it was a BOGO...buy one get the 2nd for half price). They looked much better on me than on the hanger, for once. LOL. Anyway, I came right home and tucked two of my older heavier pairs of jeans into the give-away bag to make room for these new lighter ones. It's too hot here right now to wear them, but they'll be great for upcoming travels.

(Maya Angelou)

#207246 - 09/01/10 12:18 PM Re: JEANS? [Re: Eagle Heart]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
NY & Co used to make a jean that I loved, but of course they've discontinued it. Several pairs of those in my closet still. Gloria Vanderbilt is another favorite. IZOD's are ok. Sonoma jeans (I think that's a Kohl's line) are pretty good. A friend loves Vera Wang jeans (also available at Kohl's). I'm ashamed to admit how many pairs of jeans are in my closet. Gain a pound, lose a pound, they fit different........so I kind of wear what I like how it it fits at the moment. I have Lee's Riders, Calvin Kleins,Levi's you name it. I could never buy jeans without trying them on. And I agree with Dotsie -- I've been known to take every pair of a particular jean I like, in my size, into the fitting room and trying them all on so I can buy the one that fits best -- and they will all fit different. Don't want to hassle with shipping them back, if I bought them online and they didn't fit.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved