A notice to MST (military sexual trauma) survivors!

Susan Sajadi is a lawyer who is currently setting up a class action lawsuit against the military for sexual assault survivors who feel their command did not handle the situation appropriately.

Anyway, if you HAVE served, and do fall under the above mentioned category, this class action suit is to fight for your justice, to correct the wrongs which you endured. Someone is finally standing up to the government!! I could NOT be more excited!

I spoke to her personally and was told nobody has to take any more of an active role than they wish to. So, basically, if all you want to do is add your name to the suit, to be counted, feel free. If you want to share your story, please do! If you feel up to it, you may even participate in the congressional hearings and media covered events. But by all means, you DO NOT have to do all that just to participate! Your role in this thing is up to you. And there are no costs, unless she actually wins us money, in which case it would only be a percentage of our winnings. So, no matter what, no out-of-pocket costs.

The more people who stand up to this, the better chance we have to effect a real change here. I strongly (but gently! No judgment intended here!) encourage anyone who was wronged by the military's handling of sexual assault cases to join! I've included her contact information, along with the website of the law firm. There is a link on the front page that will take you directly to the information about the lawsuit. I hope my fellow MST (military sexual trauma) survivors can join me in this fight. Either way, thanks for reading!

http://www.burkepllc.com/

Susan Sajadi

Burke PLLC
1000 Potomac Street, NW

Suite 150
Washington, DC 20007

(202) 445-1454
(202) 232-5513 (facsimile)

ssajadi@burkepllc.com