The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 169 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#206439 - 08/04/10 10:34 PM Acting Out!!!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I just fread an article in our church paper that says the experts are finding more and more young children acting out in domestic violent ways, hitting sibblings and even their mothers etc., even abusing the family pet(s).
One young boy age 10 began slapping and pushing his 86 year old grandmother until he caused her to fall and be injured. When she finally told what had happened the boy said, if she didn't live here too I could have my new bike but dad and mom have to feed her. I wish she was dead!
Ths is not an isolated case either. Hearing more and more of it on the news.

They say more and more calls to police are on children acting badly and frightfully. In these trying times when they hear parents talking maybe arguing about the tough times and then see all the violence on nearly every TV show, its stands to reason they are being affected.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#206858 - 08/15/10 12:34 PM Re: Acting Out!!! [Re: chatty lady]
Alice Offline

Loc: Michigan
This is all how it starts. A child witnesses violence and acts that way and as an adult becomes an abuser.

I believe we need a program early-on in schools which teaches children respect. If we respect someone, we will not abuse them.

#206864 - 08/15/10 03:45 PM Re: Acting Out!!! [Re: Alice]
Mountain Ash Offline

As a former worker in many types of education establishments I can agree that children act out prior experience..verbally and physically..
it is a good worker (and citizen) who shows respect at all times for other people..animals and belongings.Buildings and vehicles included.
listen to people speak read their words...it soon becomes clear what agenda people have..
treat others as we wish to be treated..whole programmes are built round that ethos..as many childrens authors establish that Golden Rule it is a way of life and education is only one part.Undoing early abuse is the special educational teachers first task..

#207365 - 09/03/10 08:36 PM Re: Acting Out!!! [Re: Mountain Ash]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
If I were President I would sign a bill to create much more severe punishments for child abuse, especially sexual abuse. If proven without a doubt, I believe the death penalty or severe castration should figure in...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#207574 - 09/10/10 12:20 PM Re: Acting Out!!! [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Child abuse ruins a youngster's entire life. They never forget
it. It's seared in their mind forever. And personal faith is the
only thing that can tame the rage of having been abused. There is
too much arguing, fighting, violence, and rude behavior on TV.
Children learn by example. Adults need to be better role models.
IMO!

#207722 - 09/15/10 01:59 PM Re: Acting Out!!! [Re: jabber]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Regarding physical violence:
There is such a thin line dividing discipline and abuse...it is often crossed without any thought or fear for consequences.

Also sexual and emotional and verbal abuse is so rampant today that we need to learn to recognize the symptoms and remain watchful to protect and help our loved ones.
NABBW & NAWW

#208043 - 09/29/10 02:26 PM Re: Acting Out!!! [Re: Songbird]
jabber Offline

I believe it [abuse of all types] was just as rampant way back; it was just hush, hush then. More people speak out nowadays. There have been two ministers in the news lately. Folks who have studied the Bible and gone to seminary and focused on the teachings of Christ for years and years, and still do such vile stuff, really tic me off! They end up doing more harm than good! What a bummer!

Edited by jabber (09/29/10 02:28 PM)

#208069 - 09/30/10 01:26 PM Re: Acting Out!!! [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Someone tell me how a minister could murder two of his wives?
It just doesn't compute in the brain!

#208072 - 09/30/10 01:38 PM Re: Acting Out!!! [Re: jabber]
Ellemm Offline

You know, jabber, it always shocks us even more when someone who is supposed to be a trusted figure turns out to be even worse than us 'regular' folks and all our faults. But there it is: just because somone is a minister or bank president or doctor doesn't mean that he or she cannot also have a violent temper, be a drug addict, or just sick in the head.

And they get away with it longer because no one wants to believe that some nice preacher also beats his wife. We cannot go around being super-suspicious of everyone, of course, but sometimes it's good, if not pleasant, to be reminded that people who do bad things look just like everyone else. It *is* hard to compute.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved