The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 157 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#166873 - 12/02/08 11:27 PM Serious trend...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I went with my friend the detective to his office last night before going out to dinner and was listening to the shift supervisor speaking to his men/women officers while waiting.

He was saying that during the Christmas season, domestic violence is usually on the rise, BUT that this year with the economy the way it is they are already experiencing a multitude of complaints and they expect it to grow even worse the closer the holiday comes.

So many people are out of work, something this city has never seen before. He warns the officers to be prepared for an escalation of complaints and violence...

It made me feel sick to know he was right...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#166926 - 12/03/08 07:50 PM Re: Serious trend... [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I guess it has to do with a lack of self-worth. People are down and they want to take it out on others. How sad is that?

#166935 - 12/03/08 09:13 PM Re: Serious trend... [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

About as sad as it can be. I wonder more and more just how humane the human race really is????

#166958 - 12/04/08 02:08 PM Re: Serious trend... [Re: ]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
And I say what can you expect from a society that has made Britney Spears the biggest thing on TV? Her birthday bash was such a big TO DO. We have starving kids, abused kids, YET this trashy woman takes front row? Puleaseeee....This is what we tell our kids is "hot" and is "acceptable" and should be what they model their lives after...uh huh. Sure.

On the opposite channel was the Victoria Secret runway show. Women in skimpy underwear, hanging out everywhere...yet we say, "Oh look, isn't that great?"

Tell me, what's the difference in this and [censored]?

I'm glad I read.

#167015 - 12/04/08 11:57 PM Re: Serious trend... [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

OMG JJ, you and I think exactly alike. I can't tell you my reaction to that discusting Victoria Secret expensive, unrealistic garbage and on prime time TV.

The Britney Spears situation is this to me: Glad she has made it back into real life, away from the drugs and tramps like Paris Hilton as her role model. I hope she truly appreciateds what she has and behaves like a decent human being for her two adorable children for a change.

No wonder our youth today are all messed up mentally and morally, seeing underwear flounced about on half naked women, and young, drugged up trash on prime time TV as if they were somebody to admire...

#167081 - 12/05/08 09:37 PM Re: Serious trend... [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Her parents are on her like fudge on a sicle. They aren't allowing their 16 year old millionaire daughter to run wild and good for them, I say!!! Lets hope she remains a good girl when she is 18 and over.

There are certainly more important things on this planet to concern the worriers, I would hope.

#167285 - 12/09/08 02:55 PM Re: Serious trend... [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
she's onlie 16?
thers no crime in her looking older i hope she stayes as clean and fresh looking no matter what age she is. its good to know parents still have some autority generallie no matter how rich their near growen kids are.

#167693 - 12/15/08 04:22 AM Re: Serious trend... [Re: celtic_flame]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
In addition to holidays, Super Bowl Sunday is a day that domestic violence rises.

#167830 - 12/16/08 02:15 PM Re: Serious trend... [Re: Princess Lenora]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
There's too much sadness in this ole world. But there's a lot of
good, too! Look at that puppie's ears standing straight up over there on the left below the hunk walking on the beach!

Sorry, I got off subject here! If everyone would simply
help everyone else enjoy their life, what a wonderful
thing that would be. You know, the ole "do unto others..., etc."

Oh darn! When I started this post, it wasn't this high
up on the page! LOL...

Edited by jabber (12/17/08 02:13 PM)

#170346 - 01/07/09 10:59 PM Re: Serious trend... [Re: jabber]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Hi ladies!

Actually, according to The Texas Council on Family Violence, the Super Bowl statistic isn't true. Not sure where that got started.

Have missed all of you but been super busy. I'm going to start my volunteer work again this month. Been away from it for too long. Happy New Year to all of you!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved