The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 169 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#208987 - 11/16/10 09:29 PM Selling Security Systems
MustangGal
Unregistered

Have ya'll ever sold or know of someone who sold security systems. Of course it is based on commission, i.e., $300 per system you sell. I would appreciate both pro and con feedback from those who've had experience or have known someone with experience.

Much thanks!

#208994 - 11/17/10 05:38 AM Re: Selling Security Systems [Re: ]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I don't know anyone doing that, but here are some questions:

1. Does the company provide leads?
2. Is your territory protected?
3. How are you at making cold calls?
4. Key markets would include elderly (my mom has one that also connects to her emergency bracelet if she falls), as well as the folks who have money in this economy. Who would that be?
5. Can you sell to a contractor in bulk, as in someone who is building some homes? Make a deal and make less per unit, but more overall.
6. Does the company provide comprehensive training? What kind of company is it; do they pay their bills or are they a "fly by night" quick buck kind of company.
7. Will you sell the system and the monthly service? If only the system, who services it?
8. What's your competition? Pricing, market share, features, etc. Figure out why you're better in advance.
9. Are you selling to businesses or residential or both?

That's all I can think of for now. Direct sales is tough, especially in this economy. I wish you luck!

#209326 - 12/02/10 05:17 AM Re: Selling Security Systems [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Good analysis Dolphin.

Mustang Gal, how are you doing?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#209363 - 12/03/10 12:44 AM Re: Selling Security Systems [Re: Anne Holmes]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Thanks for asking.

Well, I decided not to sell security systems!

Have had 3 regrets for the 3 law firms I've interviewed.

Begining to think that what I do for a living is not my identity.

But I do want and need a job soon.

Edited by MustangGal (12/03/10 12:45 AM)

#209406 - 12/04/10 07:35 PM Re: Selling Security Systems [Re: ]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Are you doing some volunteer work for now? Even if only a few hrs. per month..

#209489 - 12/08/10 01:40 PM Re: Selling Security Systems [Re: orchid]
MustangGal
Unregistered

I've applied for like 8 law firms and interviewed at 4. Two have hired from within, others from without and most are below 35 years of age with a few years of experience. I'm 44 and have dozens of years of experience and exposure to the law. I was offered one job 2 months ago for 55% less than my prior salary ($9 v. $20 per hour). I declined and am w/in the laws and regulation of the unemployment office to do so.

I interviewed yesterday at a cash for title company which would pay $11 per hour and no benefits w/ exception of 2 weeks vacation begining after one year of employment and no 401(k) until 5 years of unemployment. No health insurance.

Gosh, if offered the job I wonder if I should take it b/c the pay would be $2.85 more an hour than uneployment and continue looking working. The person that I'd be replacing got a job in a law firm. How ironic that I have experience in a law firm and can't get a job and someone gets a job with no experience.

God really does not like me.

#209490 - 12/08/10 01:42 PM Re: Selling Security Systems [Re: orchid]
MustangGal
Unregistered

I've applied for like 8 law firms and intervie

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved