As many of you know Hubby and I have some marital problems. This weekend they escalated again. Oh man, I think I'm sounding like a broken record, but this time the ending is happy.

We decided to head for the mountains. My son took our grandchild. Just Hubby and I drove to the Alps to have peace and a good talk. There we took a chairlift up to the top of the mountain. On the way, it started to rain…I mean pour. Not fun, while sitting in a chairlift with no rain gear.

When we got to the top we warmed up in a restaurant that normally offers a beautiful view. All we saw were dense clouds. It was still raining when we decided to take the chairlift back down. Before going in the chairlift, Hubby and I did something we have never done before. We held hands and prayed together for our marriage. We prayed for harmony and understanding and that all the nerve-wracking bickering stops.

For many of you, this may not be anything special, but my Hubby is not a religious man; never mind ever going to a church. After we prayed Hubby gave me a kiss, and I kid you not, that's when the rain stopped. A corner of the sun shone through the rain clouds, and sent us long warm golden rays down, warming our wet backs and maybe our crying hearts as well.

We both have a feeling something miraculous has occurred. I just wanted to share this personal experience with those, who might be having difficulties in their partnerships. I never thought or really believed praying together could change anything, but it already has.

Hannelore