The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 120 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#125997 - 08/19/07 07:09 PM Got to Share
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
As many of you know Hubby and I have some marital problems. This weekend they escalated again. Oh man, I think I'm sounding like a broken record, but this time the ending is happy.

We decided to head for the mountains. My son took our grandchild. Just Hubby and I drove to the Alps to have peace and a good talk. There we took a chairlift up to the top of the mountain. On the way, it started to rain…I mean pour. Not fun, while sitting in a chairlift with no rain gear.

When we got to the top we warmed up in a restaurant that normally offers a beautiful view. All we saw were dense clouds. It was still raining when we decided to take the chairlift back down. Before going in the chairlift, Hubby and I did something we have never done before. We held hands and prayed together for our marriage. We prayed for harmony and understanding and that all the nerve-wracking bickering stops.

For many of you, this may not be anything special, but my Hubby is not a religious man; never mind ever going to a church. After we prayed Hubby gave me a kiss, and I kid you not, that's when the rain stopped. A corner of the sun shone through the rain clouds, and sent us long warm golden rays down, warming our wet backs and maybe our crying hearts as well.

We both have a feeling something miraculous has occurred. I just wanted to share this personal experience with those, who might be having difficulties in their partnerships. I never thought or really believed praying together could change anything, but it already has.

Hannelore

#125998 - 08/19/07 07:12 PM Re: Got to Share [Re: Edelweiss]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
The Gods are shining down on you both. I am so very happy for you, Hannelore.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#125999 - 08/19/07 07:31 PM Re: Got to Share [Re: Anno]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
You have touched my heart with your story, Hannelore. A life changing experience through nature sounds so very romantic. I wish a deep love between you and hubby.

#126000 - 08/20/07 04:45 PM Re: Got to Share [Re: chickadee]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dear Hannelore: God is good, He's great!!! I praise God for your wonderful experience. Prayer does change things and people.

Do you feel like praying together more often can continue to help?
NABBW & NAWW

#126001 - 08/20/07 05:56 PM Re: Got to Share [Re: Songbird]
WhatStopsYou Offline
stranger

That is beautiful. I'm so glad for you, Hannelore and hope this is just a wonderful start of more great things to come.

Cheers,
Darlene
Best Selling Author Darlene Braden; My gift to you: 365 Weght Loss, Daily Email Tips for success, http://www.whatstopsyou.com/365tips.html and Body Assessment e-Book http://www.whatstopsyou.com/balanced-body.html

#126002 - 08/20/07 06:05 PM Re: Got to Share [Re: WhatStopsYou]
Mountain Ash Offline

Happy Happy for you both.I am inspired by your story.
Mountain ash

#126003 - 08/20/07 06:23 PM Re: Got to Share [Re: Mountain Ash]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
This is so cool for you, Hannelore!
Casey

#126004 - 08/21/07 03:50 AM Re: Got to Share [Re: Casey]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
auch i smilling from ear to ear for you hannilore, you just go with it and enjoy the felings. Hoe did you come about to pray? did you or he suggest it...maybee it dosent matter lol he went along wiith it even if you suggested itw...enjouy it mightilie love xx

#126005 - 08/21/07 08:00 AM Re: Got to Share [Re: celtic_flame]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Your posts made me smile. Celtic I'm always so glad to see you back. Of course I suggested praying to my Hubby, but as you said...at least he went along with it, and he even said his own prayer.

Songbird I hope to continue this with Hubby. It makes us mellow, and brings us together.

Praying with my Hubby would have been unthinkable a year ago. It is you ladies and your unquestioned devotion to God that has influenced me in this positive way. I have you all to thank.

#126006 - 08/21/07 10:02 PM Re: Got to Share [Re: Edelweiss]
gerrbeck Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, FL
Hannelore, that is so great! Sounds like God just reached through the clouds and blessed you with warm fuzzies!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved