The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 176 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#87601 - 09/07/06 04:55 AM encouragement
FitlySpoken Offline

Loc: US
also posted this is the 'faith' category ... since this has been in my spirit for the last few weeks & is having a 'life changing' effect upon my life.

BE the change you want to see in the world today.

it has so stuck in my heart & soul that i have also
made it my writer's motto & use it in my signatures!

c.l. mareydt
www.freewebs.com/awordfitlyspoken

#87602 - 09/11/06 02:02 AM Re: encouragement [Re: FitlySpoken]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Rmember ladies The only constant is change.

Edited by chatty lady (09/11/06 02:03 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#87603 - 09/20/06 05:14 AM Re: encouragement [Re: chatty lady]
49erDonna Offline

Loc: California
It is encouraging to believe that we can change the world for the better... pretty awesome!

What have you done recently to change something and make the world a little bit better??

Donna

#87604 - 09/21/06 02:04 PM Re: encouragement [Re: 49erDonna]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Great question. Now let's not be too humble here. Let's hear what everyone has to say.

Just this morning I phoned my SIL to let her know I am here for her and am willing to be her hands and feet if needed. While this isn't a change, I hope I may her day a little bit brighter.

#87605 - 09/21/06 04:11 PM Re: encouragement
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I think that every time I open myself up a little more to God, to be used by Him, it makes a difference in the world.

In My Father's house are many mansions...John 14:2

http://www.myspace.com/westernbluebird

#87606 - 09/21/06 08:26 PM Re: encouragement [Re: Bluebird]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I like to surprise people I know with little things. It makes me happy to make others smile with something they weren't expecting...

#87607 - 10/24/06 09:50 PM Re: encouragement [Re: chatty lady]
FitlySpoken Offline

Loc: US
Smiles are great gifts ... never under estimate their power. I'm sure we all know that! Smiles, everyone ... Smiles! (from that TV show)

What I have really heart-fully learned lately, is to keep myself in the 'right now' of the moment, and give the moment all I can.

It doesn't matter if I am cleaning the toilet. I do it like it is the 'MOST' important toilet in the world & the most important thing I can be doing at the moment. And, I actually enjoy it too!

Or if I am giving a listening ear to a stranger ... I try to give them my undivided attention. Listen like I want someone to listen to me ... mmmh ... takes a little practice too.

I work in retail at Lowe's Home Improvement Center ... so I am with many people all day long. But, I continually remind myself to really 'be' there & not be wishing I was home doing something else, or that any something else is more important.

If I like something, I elaborate on that something. If I don't like something, I make sure it really means something important to disagree with & then too I give it all that I can to make it come around to a change & express why I don't like it staying the other way. If I can't help the change, well, I at least tried. And, sometimes we just cannot change the things we deem so changeable. Retail is retail, is retail. Just like a rose, is a rose, is a rose ---- sometimes we just are not the ones meant to bring a change in some areas. Then, I can comfortable leave it alone & go on.

Reminds me, once I caught this in my spirit ... these words that I felt God was speaking to me. 'I am not a breath away, I am your breath!'

That to me meant that God's closeness was always there. No separations like we may believe, or have been taught, or have surmised. God is not separate from us ... we just don't know it all the time or are able to comprehend it all the time.

But, that little phrase changed me inside & outside too. I knew that if God could impact me that way with some words, His words were with me to be there for others too!

That is why I really write the way I do ... because God is right here reading this too! And, right there with you! Right there closer than you can imagine.

God with us ... the hope of glory! What a hope it is! And, what a glory!

Now I'm getting excited. Boomer Women ... I just love you!
Catherine
www.freewebs.com/awordfitlyspoken

#87608 - 10/24/06 11:08 PM Re: encouragement [Re: FitlySpoken]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

If our world were made up of people just like you Catherine, what a wonderful world it would be. God bless you.

#87609 - 10/26/06 11:17 AM Re: encouragement [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Catherine, it's beautiful to read your words about your closeness with God. It's invigorating! Thanks for sharing.

You mention sharing God's love...

I'll never forget leaving the hospital after visiting a seven-year-old who was extremely sick with cancer. I was so shook up. I couldn't stand it. I got in my car, went through the parking toll booth and the most delightful woman was working. Now here's this woman sitting in this freezing cold shack, exchanging money all day long! This is certainly not the job people are witing in line to have. She touched my heart like I'll never forget. She SMILED and told me my amount to pay. I gave her the money and she GRINNED EAR TO EAR and said, "God bless you honey. Have a blessed day." That's all she said, but it made my day. I knew she meant it. It was like she was offering up a prayer for me and the little guy I had just visited. That always reminds me of how simple it is to make a difference in one's life. I never would have thought that that job would be so improtant, but think about it. Some of the people who go through that booth have just lost loved ones.

#87610 - 10/27/06 12:02 AM Re: encouragement
chatty lady Offline
Writer

To me these people are sent to these seemingly thankless jobs by GOD himself. HE knows when we need comfort, when it makes a real difference and HE makes sure one HE trusts is there to offer it to us...These folks are the favorites of the LORD, in my humble opinion..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved