Along the lines of Recycling, many of us have yard sales. Now personally, I would rather have a root canal than have one of those babies, but sometimes when your home is overflowing with treasurers you JUST HAD TO HAVE, the only recourse is to have a yard sale.

Do any of you have them? If so, how do you feel about them?

Got any tips to help others have a great one?

Like maybe, how to organize the sale BEFORE you have it?

I'll give you a couple to start it.

1. Have someone there to help you. You may think you can do it all, but when crowds gather, and they do, you may need extra hands to not only help organize things, but to keep watch for "sticky" fingers, if you get my drift.

2. Make sure you advertise it. Unless you live on a freeway, advertising does two things...it gets the dealers there (and they come at the crack of dawn) and it tells "girlfriends" who organize their Saturdays around yard sales, where to go. Make your ad interesting. Don't just say, clothes. Say, designer clothes (if they are) or children's clothes in sizes bla..bla...bla. ALWAYS list antiques if you plan to have them. Only why would you at a yard sale? People don't buy antiques at a yard sale.

3. Have an apron, fanny pack, or some kind of MONEY carrier ON YOUR PERSON. Do not leave the money on a table. Yipes! No need for explanation here.