The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#218246 - 12/06/12 07:54 PM Suggestions...?
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Anyone have a favorite DVD that would be suitable to show the family on Christmas Eve? My adoptive brother, his wife, their son, and her brother come here every Christmas Eve. After eating, we like to watch a movie. One year "Movie of the year" had nothing but killing, killing, killing. Last year's had nudity. Embarrassing, it was. Just want something funny, light, and Christmassy, if possible. Suggestions?

#218250 - 12/06/12 09:47 PM Re: Suggestions...? [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Hallmark Channel and Lifetime are doing daily Christmas movies all month long. All of them are wholesome and family friendly -- and Christmas-sy. Even if you don't get either of those premium channels, a review of their listings can give you some good ideas for movies to rent.

The other day I saw a remake of "Miracle on 34th Street" which was quite touching -- and filmed in color.

Tonight they are showing " "Love's Christmas Journey," which is available on Amazon, so I am sure it is a DVD you can rent.

In past years I also saw Debbie Macomber's "Trading Christmas" on Hallmark, and that is also a family movie that's available on DVD at Amazon...

and don't forget about that 1947 classic, "It's A Wonderful Life." I don't think I could get through the holiday season without watching that classic!! and I know it HAS tobe available on DVD.

Who has other ideas?

www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#218254 - 12/07/12 02:57 PM Re: Suggestions...? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Thanks Anne. Was thinking about "It's A Wonderful Life," or "White Christmas," something like that.

#218264 - 12/09/12 03:51 PM Re: Suggestions...? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Anne, Just bought "It's A Wonderful Life," White Christmas," and "Miracle on 34th Street." Looking forward to seeing these again. Thinking they should brighten the Holidays.

#218266 - 12/10/12 05:48 PM Re: Suggestions...? [Re: jabber]
Ellemm Offline

We have a movie we watch every year that's kind of crazy (This wouldn't help jabber at all because it has nothing to do with Christmas).

It's Tremors, a B-level monster/comedy film that must be at least 20 years old. It stars Kevin Bacon and Reba McIntyre, among others, and really isn't bad. It's about these giant worm-like things out in the Arizona desert and these two guys who wind up in the town helping to save people.

It's not gory, it's not gross, it's just kind of silly. We must have watched it between Christmas and New Year's one year, liked it, and now it feels like a holiday movie. So silly! And we watch Ernest Saves Christmas for a more Christmassy movie because it really is very sweet.

I know: we're nuts, but those movies are old friends and put us in the mood. I watch almost no television so have no idea what's on.

#218281 - 12/12/12 01:22 AM Re: Suggestions...? [Re: Ellemm]
Marsha Roberts Offline

Loc: Tennessee
Of course you absolutely have to watch the original "Miracle on 34th Street" and "It's a Wonderful Life," but I was glad to see from Ellemm that we aren't the only family that watches "Ernest Saves Christmas" every year! We love that movie - it is silly and sweet and has a fantastic Santa Claus in it! I once had a single guy friend (he's now happily married!) who said that he had a few questions he asked women when he dated them. One was, "Do you like 'Ernest Saves Christmas'?" If she said "No" then he didn't asked her out again! Ha!
Blog: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6037984.Marsha_Roberts/blog

#218282 - 12/12/12 02:52 PM Re: Suggestions...? [Re: Marsha Roberts]
jabber Offline

Love this Marsha. I'll have to get that movie and see what you're talking about. Thank for the tip!

#218295 - 12/17/12 01:44 PM Re: Suggestions...? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Marsha, Just finished placing an order for Ernest Saves Christmas; the local stores around here are out of it so I placed an order on Amazon. Thank you for the recommendation. Looking forward to seeing it! Prayers and blessings,

#218296 - 12/17/12 03:00 PM Re: Suggestions...? [Re: Marsha Roberts]
Ellemm Offline

I totally understand, Marsha. This movie just hits all the right notes for me: a little sappy, a little sassy, and a big heart.

I even like the Bill Murray version of A Christmas Carol and Chevy Chase Family Christmas (or whatever it's called), and A Christmas Story, but the classics for me are Ernest Saves Christmas and Charlie Brown's Christmas special.

#218302 - 12/18/12 07:44 PM Re: Suggestions...? [Re: Ellemm]
Marsha Roberts Offline

Loc: Tennessee
Jabber, I hope you like Ernest as much as Ellemm and I do! I've already watched it twice this season. It is goofy, but as Ellemm says, it has a BIG heart! Merry Christmas to all!
Blog: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6037984.Marsha_Roberts/blog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved