The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 151 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#146426 - 04/15/08 01:37 AM Are you an author who wants to sell more books?
KathleenGageSpeaker Offline

Loc: Pleasant Hill, OR
Most authors are on the lookout for effective ways to gain visibility for their books and spark the interest of potential readers/buyers. One method that is gaining popularity is for the author to offer a chapter from their book to the reader at no cost. The most effective way to do this is with an instant download from the author’s blog or website.

Although a great way to gain exposure for a book, most authors will not realize much marketing success with this strategy for a couple of reasons.

First, many authors simply give the chapter away without requesting a name and email address in trade for the chapter. Granted, some potential readers may leave the site without getting the chapter, but the ones who do leave their contact information are obviously interested in the author’s work.

Collecting the names and email addresses allows for backend marketing. You can make announcements of book signings, teleseminars, new book releases and special events your are hosting.

Another reason an author may not be optimizing their marketing efforts is that more times than not there is no contact information or a link to a site where the book can be purchased. Part of your job as an author is to make the process of buying your book as effortless as possible for the reader.

To increase your opportunities be sure to have your contact information at the end of the chapter. If people read the entire chapter it means you held their interest.

Additionally, have a direct link to an online location your book is available at. You may be pleasantly surprised with the results.

Edited by KathleenGageSpeaker (04/15/08 01:42 AM)

#146427 - 04/15/08 04:21 AM Re: Are you an author who wants to sell more books? [Re: KathleenGageSpeaker]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Well, Kathleen, you got my attention. Here's the deal: I already give away the first chapter on the main web site for the book. Plenty of links on plenty of pages for purchasing, plus a guestbook submission. I don't want to mess with the main site for now. I do have a blog with my complete control. So, let's see, how do I proceed? Maybe you are saying that I have a portion on the blog that says, "For a free download of the first chapter, fill out this form..." blah blah. Or can I say, "For a free download of the first chapter, contact the author at info@beyondthetears.com?" Then they contact me, I ask for their email information? Is that more like it. There's more, and I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. I am going to develop articles from my book content. For example, since I deal with DV, I can write an articles on : "how does domestic violence affect spirituality?" So then I'd have to talk about how to release these articles. Any ideas? Thank you very much.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved