The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 134 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#178672 - 03/30/09 01:38 PM Recycling - Got Ideas?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Do you have any unique ideas for recycling? I've been surfing some sites and found some incredible ideas. I just love reading not only what people are doing to save the planet, or at least be kinder to it, but also the creativity involved. Wow...it's a new area of research for me, so indulge me, would you? HA!

Cereal Box Booksmarks

Men's Dress Shirt Made into Child's Dress

Cereal Box Lights

My fav

Upcycled Clothes Pin Bag

These are just a few. I actually started at looking at all the way you can recycle panty hose when I started following other links.

What other ideas have you heard of? I would love to hear/see/follow a link to some!

#178682 - 03/30/09 02:39 PM Re: Recycling - Got Ideas? [Re: jawjaw]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Wow JJ, these are awesome sites. Who knew. I spent some time at them watching their videos and looking at the other projects. They are really cool little projects. Makes you think about what you have that you throw away that could be repurposed.

Thanks for posting it for us.
www.tidedancer.com

#178684 - 03/30/09 02:45 PM Re: Recycling - Got Ideas? [Re: Sandpiper]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I know...I read where I could have been saving my old milk jugs and cutting them in half and then using them for plant starting pots instead of paying a fortune for them at Wally World. Duh? I felt so dumb after reading what else everyone else is doing. So many things!

#178689 - 03/30/09 04:26 PM Re: Recycling - Got Ideas? [Re: jawjaw]
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
This reminds me of my life about 35 years ago -- I had a friend who created necklaces by making beads out of tiny squares cut from glossy colored magazine and rolled up. It also reminds me of Family Circle Magazine -- I remember when pop-top soda cans were new, and Family Circle showed on its cover a necklace made out of pop-tops. Andrea Martin of SCTV (what a great show -- John Candy, Rick Moranis, Katherine O'Hara) used to do a spoof called Crazy Crafts where she made lampshades out of milk cartons and it was hilarious especially because she was so intent and serious about it.

#178693 - 03/30/09 05:35 PM Re: Recycling - Got Ideas? [Re: DJ]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Have you ever put an old panty hose over the bottom of your broom and then swept your floors? Supposedly, it will pick up a multitude of things that your worn out old broom might miss.

#178695 - 03/30/09 07:26 PM Re: Recycling - Got Ideas? [Re: jawjaw]
DJ Offline

Is that queen size or what?

#178744 - 03/30/09 11:05 PM Re: Recycling - Got Ideas? [Re: DJ]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Would you be referring to MOI? Bawhahahah...ahem. Hey, what am I laughing at?

I couldn't figure it out either, unless you cut a leg open and then drape one across the bottom of the broom and then tie it around the pole...yes? You know, making a triangle?

#178748 - 03/30/09 11:13 PM Re: Recycling - Got Ideas? [Re: jawjaw]
DJ Offline

I rarely sweep anymore. I was using Roomba for everything, but Roomba has decided to retire.

#178754 - 03/30/09 11:30 PM Re: Recycling - Got Ideas? [Re: DJ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Brooms are virtually worthless for sweeping indoors, maybe outside but that it. You can never get the tinest bits of debri with a broom.

JJ, I use my empty milk cartons, plastic or the cardboard kind as planters also to freeze large ice chunks for the coolers in the summer at picnics etc. they last a long time and really are cold. The best starter for plants especially herbs is as ice cube tray. They are so cheap and reusable forever.

This may sound yucky but if you cut the tops partly off plastic milk cartons you csn use then to put dog droppings in when cleaning up the yard. Then just put the top back in place, tape it and into the garbage can it goes.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#178756 - 03/31/09 01:23 AM Re: Recycling - Got Ideas? [Re: chatty lady]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
We have alot of plastic yogurt containers. He is the yogurt eater. So we have a bunch and use them to put in cut veggies when we are preparing food. We seldom use real bowls and dishes for little preparatory raw piles of cut food for cooking. I use the lids to place my chopped garlic and herbs temporarily for a few minutes before they get thrown into the cooking mixture. One can carry the lid with contents to the stove and slid the garlic/herbs easily into the bubbling mixture on stove.

Am I correct that leftover tea is good for watering house plants? Seems to work for our ordinary plants.

What can I say, I'm lazy in terms of active, aggressive recycling ideas..but at least I'm still wearing T-shirts around the house that are over 25 years old! My dearie thinks I'm nuts when the neckline starts looking frayed, I will wear it out until it really is dead.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved