The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 107 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#93694 - 10/28/06 02:17 PM Olive oil, lemon juice, cucumbers...
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Okay boomers,
Olive oil helps lessen wrinkles. So does lemon juice. And cucumbers and cucumber juice help with undereye problems. All those liquids help cut down on cellulite. And neoprene shorts will smooth out the lumps and bumps cellulite causes. But I can't seem to get neoprene shorts with front zippers, anymore.
They were the best. I've been working for years to smooth the effects of cellulite. It's nearly gone, now. But I still have a little left to work on. Just thought I'd throw this stuff at you, in case anyone was interested.
Luv and blessings and prayers. Hylexin, is good to reduce undereye bags; emu oil & a cream named "Deception" I believe is good to reduce wrinkles--but you can research those on the net.

#93696 - 10/29/06 03:10 PM I wish I did... [Re: ]
jabber Offline

I don't sew; I wish I did. I'm not that talented. I don't do crafts, either. And there are such neat items out there, I see other women fabricate. If anyone on bws can make neoprene shorts with front zippers, I'd buy three pair, right off. P.S. I take size (small).
Luv and blessings and prayers,

#93697 - 10/29/06 04:01 PM Re: I wish I did... [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Bonnie, did you say help for cellulite? Please tell me exactly what you are doing. I need all the help I can get.

Sorry, but what are neoprene shorts?

#93699 - 10/29/06 10:27 PM Re: I wish I did... [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Check your local newspaper. I bet you'll find someone close by, don't they have to measure you for a correct fit? Try fancy clothing stores they usually have a seamstress on payroll. Or last but BEST, I believe, in the Classified section run a small one line ad:
Seamstress needed for small project. Call xxx-xxxx.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#93700 - 10/30/06 03:25 PM Neoprene is... [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Neoprene is synthetic rubber and it retains natural body heat and provides compression to the inner thights, buttocks and mid-seciton as you exercise. It works. It smooths the cellulite, as if you never had it to begin with. A few years back, Taylor Gifts sold Neoprene shorts that had sturdy, front zippers. They lasted and were extremely durable. I suppose to save money and sell more product, they decided to discontinue the front zipper style and only make Neoprene shorts with side-zippers. Neoprene is used on things like tires, wetsuits, exercise weight coatings, etc. To smooth the cellulite on my upper thighs,
I wear TruFit Knee supports with closed Patella. This works to rid the cellulite, but it takes a long time: years in fact. After all, cellulite is a lifetime of fatty deposits under the skin. So it takes work and patience to get rid of it. I walk a couple miles a day, too. And I wear neoprene wraps under my clothes. Not everybody would want to be bothered doing that, but on the other hand, I thought I'd share the idea, just in case there are those who might.
I just discovered that Target has Neoprene shorts. I'll check there. Thanks.

#93701 - 10/30/06 05:49 PM Re: Neoprene is... [Re: jabber]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
You might try Bliss World. They have a ton of things like the shorts you described.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#93702 - 10/31/06 11:21 AM Re: Neoprene is... [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Neoprene sounds like soemthing I could benefit from. Hmmm.

Bonnie, I have never heard of any of those products for cellulite. Wow. Where did you learn all this? I'm impressed.

Dianne, no BLiss WORld in Baltimore. What type of store is that?

#93703 - 10/31/06 01:07 PM Re: Neoprene is...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Go to blissworld.com They have things for working out, weight loss, shoes (miracle sneakers) and just about everything regarding health. Great site.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#93704 - 10/31/06 04:54 PM Fighting the good fight...Re: Neoprene is... [Re: Dianne]
jabber Offline

Dotsie, I'm not aging gracefully; I'm fighting it all the way. Anything I can do to lessen the signs of old age, I'll do. Olive oil, lemon juice, cucumbers are remedies from ages past. Emu oil I discovered in Branson, Missouri last month. Deception cream and Hylexin I came across on the Internet. The neoprene stuff I've known about over the last several years and can't remember where I first heard about that. Thanks Dianne. I'll give it a try.
Happy Jack-o-lantern....

#93705 - 11/02/06 11:49 AM Fighting the good fight...Re: Neoprene is... [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Dianne, what a great site. The closest place for me to see their products is about an hour away.

Bonnie, thanks for all the helpful tips. Bliss World also has stuff for cellulite. You might want to check it out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved