The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 156 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#76550 - 04/14/06 05:52 AM My Book Is Out!
mattie123 Offline

Loc: everywhere USA
Hi Everyone,
I am so thrilled, I just have to tell all of you...that my novel, "The Perfect Dress" just got published. I held the first copy in my hand today.
It took me 17 months to write!
I self-published using a P.O.D. I had no intentions of going through editors, agents and denial letters after learning about the field of writing. But, I am so proud of myself. I designed the cover, I choose the colors, I used my words, I edited my words with help in the english department, of course but I did not have to "settle" with the vast wishes of a traditional publisher. I must say, I can't compare the accomplishment to much of anything I have ever done before. Come to think of it, I have never done anything by myself before- a creation, all my own words and thoughts on paper for the entire world to read. It is awsome.
My dream was to write ever since I was a child. I never did it though, I had too many other things to do like work for food.
I have a website which is: www.thebookperfectdress.com I invite you to check it out..I also invite any feedback about my book..
The book is a boomer book and most women will be able to identify with the main character- a fictional account spanning 30 years of one female's attempt to find that perfect catch. It is also about the bridal and fashion world that she is involved with.
I am now writing my second novel called "Strays".
I hope anyone out there that wants to write does so. If you do a page a day, you can have an entire book completed in a year. It is a great feeling of sheer, personal accomplishment to be able to share words with my peers. If this is something you have wanted to do, just start writing! Good luck!
Thank's for listening to me ramble on and on - no one else would!

#76551 - 04/14/06 04:40 PM Re: My Book Is Out!
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Congratulations Mattie! What a thrill to hold your own book in your hands!

#76552 - 04/15/06 03:25 AM Re: My Book Is Out!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I read the preface of your book and must say it wet my whistle for more, more, more. I loved the womans eyes on the main page looking out over her ceremonial black garb....Great job!

#76553 - 04/17/06 03:41 AM Re: My Book Is Out!
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Congratulations. I plan to use a POD also. I live vicariously through your publication success. Saundra [Smile]

#76554 - 04/17/06 05:47 AM Re: My Book Is Out!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Mary Jane, congrats. And might I say that you did this very quickly. Was the story boiling in your head before you put it on paper?

What POD did you use?

#76555 - 04/17/06 09:21 PM Re: My Book Is Out!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Congrats Mattie! May you sell 10,000 books and beyond!

JJ

#76556 - 04/18/06 10:45 PM Re: My Book Is Out!
Mountain Ash Offline

Hi
In a very insightful book Finding Peggy by Meg Henderson a Scottish author there is a connection with ths book.
Peggy the author aunt spends Saturdays searching for a wedding dress with the child Meg. Peggy at the time has no fiance.In time she does marry but dies in childbirth.This event touches the whole family and Meg tracks down the reason.
This book is a social report of Glasgow in the past and well worth reading.

Peggy's story is deeply moving and for me seeing your book rang a bell.

Mountain Ash

#76557 - 04/18/06 11:04 PM Re: My Book Is Out!
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Congratulations Mattie! Whoohoo!! I'm going to your site to read about your book and view the cover.

I think self-publishing is the way to go. I am doing the same. I finally got a copy of my cover this last week. I love it. It is a grand feeling to know our words will be out there touching lives and making them better.

Best of luck to you and may the book angels help you sell thousands.

Sandpiper

#76558 - 04/18/06 11:14 PM Re: My Book Is Out!
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Congratulations and best wishes. May I recommend The Frugal Book Promotor by Carolyn Howard Johnson. It has tons of good advice on marketing.

Sherri

#76559 - 04/18/06 11:22 PM Re: My Book Is Out!
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Mattie: Congratulations on your achievement! here's wishing you lots of success!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved