The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 137 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#198880 - 02/01/10 05:10 PM Heart racing when I sit at monitor
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Wasn't sure whether to put this in the healthy section or here....

I've noticed in the past couple of days that each time I'm in front of my monitor, my heart rate goes up. Like I'm going to have an anxiety attack. Thought I was nuts for thinking this, but I've tested it.

Anyone else notice something odd like this?

Edited by Di (02/01/10 05:19 PM)

#198888 - 02/01/10 08:35 PM Re: Heart racing when I sit at monitor [Re: Di]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I've never had accelerated heart rate when sitting in front of computer monitor.

Several years ago I did go through a few weeks, where occasionally at night I had my heart racing very briefly, but I was under alot of work stress at the beginning at that time for a new job that some clear project deadlines. It was definitely stress-related since I lost some sleep at that time also.

Then it went away after I became familiar with the organization's needs, expectations and took control of certain situations at work where I could.

Need to step and think about some underlying stress?

By the way, I've had a physical checkup by doctor three times since that incident. No heart problems at all. Most recent check was a few weeks ago for a health research project.

How old is your computer monitor anyway?

#199020 - 02/03/10 02:04 PM Re: Heart racing when I sit at monitor [Re: orchid]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
OMG! I thought I was the only one this ever happened too. It doesn't happen often but once in awhile it scares the begebies out of me, never figured it might haqve someting to do with the computer though. The computer I have now is about a year old but the other lap top was seven years old before I gave it away and bought a new one. There must be something to this, I wonder what it could be?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#199021 - 02/03/10 02:07 PM Re: Heart racing when I sit at monitor [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
If you've tested it, Di...could that mean that your body AND MIND anticipated the test and reacted as such? Just a thought. I've never had this happened and I've been on computers for 30 years. But then again, from what do I know?

#199027 - 02/03/10 06:24 PM Re: Heart racing when I sit at monitor [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Quote:
...a racing heart and shortness of breath can also be a sign of an anxiety attack, and a feeling of anxiety is also an indicator of a heart attack.

Di, go to a doctor and get this checked. My husband was at the cardiologist today, and he said that Hubby has a constant and extreme irreg. heartbeat. He will be on a 24 hr. EKG. I don't think the computer is the cause of your heart racing. It is what you are doing at the computer. Sometimes when you settle down and relax, that's when the heart starts up too. Not a good sign.

Call the doctor Di.

#199069 - 02/03/10 11:48 PM Re: Heart racing when I sit at monitor [Re: Edelweiss3]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
If I can remember correctly this has happened to me a few times and when it did I was typing like mad due to feeling very strongly about the subject at hand. I was probably just all worked up!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#199070 - 02/03/10 11:56 PM Re: Heart racing when I sit at monitor [Re: chatty lady]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Yes, I, too, feel I have an irregular heartbeat. Sometimes when I am lying down it feels as though it "flip flops". Oftentimes it races and skips a beat.

Oh well...the body is wearing out!

#199201 - 02/06/10 12:32 AM Re: Heart racing when I sit at monitor [Re: Di]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Have you had physical check-up recently Di? If not for last few years, would be wise to get one.

Or your current health care insurance options aren't affordable?

In Canada, we don't vacillate over stuff like that. Thank goodness. We just go to the doctor.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved