"My husband is coming home." How many times have I said this in our 27 years of marriage? When I first met him, he was a soldier. He would go on reforgers (6 months) and TDY (1 month) field duty (2wks - 4wks) and training schools (3-6 months).

I was always waiting with anticipation for him to return. I practically raised our two daughters by myself. But, I didn't complain. Although I wasn't perfect, I think they turned out pretty darn good. When he came home, it was always hectic to get enough quality time in for the kids and us.

Now, he is a truck driver. He usually stays out for 1 month and when he comes home, everyone wants to spend time with him. The girls hang on him an the grandkids want him to take them fishing and to the park. By the time he leaves, he and I have had little time to discuss anything other than bills and family.

Because of financial reasons, he has been gone since the end of February. He is coming home next Tuesday and I've made arrangements for us to go away for four days to a cabin resort in the mountains. The kids were a bit dissappointed, but they have come around. I've planned a get together at our house on the day we return for them to be with him and they can hear all about our mini-vacation. He and I are both looking forward to this time alone with peaceful surroundings.

My only concern is that there have been several bear sightings this year. Two vicious attacks. I am deathly afraid of bears. But, I will just stay inside the cabin and I should be fine. I am excited that he is coming home.