The Cake, let me digress the near 30 years ago, when I first met my MIL. She had this 'CAKE', oh gosh was it woderful, much like a pound cake yet, more solid w/ a deep tender crunchie top, almost like topping but it was just the nature of the cake as it baked. The inside is moist to near gooie but not. She served it with strawberries and whip cream but it didn't need anything with it. A few months later I asked her for the recipe over the phone, she gave it to me. I made it for years and it was Never as good as her's. At times almos not good at all. More than a few times I'd loose the recipe or toss it, only to ask for it again..Still even though I can bake, mne was always a dissapointment. Fast forward, to this weekend while in TN visiting her. Here's the CAKE again! She makes it for me when I go to her home or she to mine! YEAH the Cake! So, in talking I just asked her can I read your recipe for this cake? Without thought she hands me the cookbook, flips to the page and I read... Read what?...."8 ounces of Cream Cheese"? AH HA! Never ever once in all these years did that woman give me either hand written and mailed, e-mailed or verbally the CAKE recipe w/ Cream Cheese in the ingredient list. So, that's it, she swears it wasn't intentionally left out or that I must have failed to write it down. Honestly I was so relieved that it wasn't my skills that had not mastered this Cake for 30 years, but lack of information..so we teased, laughed till we cried and had a royal HOOT out of the whole thing. My only regret is never knowing, how/why it took so long to get the full list of ingredients. Even if mine's as good as hers now, I don't think I'll tell her. At 83 I think it's best to let her keep suppling the Cake as her Speciality.