The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#7906 - 05/31/06 04:14 PM male menopause
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
NABBW sponsored a teleseminar last night and it was fabulous.

Jed Diamond, our first male speaker ever, did a fantastic job of sharing information about male menopause and irritable male syndrome. He is the expert in his field in the US. He's written seven books that have been translated into 24 languages. Ammzing.

Jed shared symptoms to look for, what women should and shouldn't do to help their mates.

This was a relatively new topic for me and I was astounded at his knowledge on the subject.

You can visit him at www.menalive.com and www.theirritablemale.com.

I am going to order his two most recent books to ahve as references for when women post about midlife men.

#7907 - 06/01/06 07:52 AM Re: male menopause
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
people used to think male menopause was a myth, but it's true. They don't just go out and buy sports cars or motorcycles, there are physical changes they go through too.

#7908 - 05/31/06 08:12 PM Re: male menopause
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I attended this last night and I'll be honest about it. My initial reaction to hearing the topic was, "Uh huh...sure." I didn't believe it could exist. Well, to my surprise and delight, Jed was an excellent speaker/giver of truths. He delivered great statistics and opened my eyes to another world, another point of view. Do I believe it exist NOW? Sure do.

It made me think and I couldn't help wonder if there were men who maybe were violent, or reacted in a violent manner because of this Male Menopause thing. I mean, if it can happen to women, why not men? Jed was right there with answers. It does.

It also concerns me that now that this is coming to light in the medical communities, will there be men who use this as a means to get sympathy for their crimes....A friend I discussed this with told me I watch wayyyyy too much Court TV.

Probably true.

JJ

#7910 - 06/01/06 06:44 PM Re: male menopause
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
How funny Anne! Dirty T-shirts? What a hoot!

You might want to visit his web page to get the low down. After his visit, I scanned over his web page and read some things, then signed up today for his newsletter and got a bonus white paper that gives specific, detailed, information on why men die sooner than women and why men have a higher death rate for every one of the 15 leading causes of death. There are also tips on specific actions to take that will help you live long and well. I haven't read it yet, I'm borrowing his words.

JJ

#7911 - 06/02/06 05:59 PM Re: male menopause
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I know how much menopause affected my mental well-being and I have no doubt that it would affect a man's also. I wish a study would be done to prove how important it is to monitor the balance of our hormones for both men and women.

A side note- The pharmasist assistant told me that many women lose weight when they get balance and that has happened with me.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved