The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 141 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#133941 - 12/06/07 02:43 PM Tax Time - Eww
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
What do you do to get ready for tax time?

Do you fill out your own tax forms?

Turn it all over to your accountant?

Are you tax receipts all neat and organized? Or do you have them stuffed into every nook and cranny? What's a cranny?

I start looking at mine and getting them all "pretty" for the IRS long about this month. By the first of the year, I'm good to go. I don't usually get a refund, but pay out the wazoo...When I do get one, I get Intaxication.

What's that? Oh that is when you experience euphoria at getting a tax refund, and it last just until you realize it was your money to start with...

#133943 - 12/06/07 06:34 PM Re: Tax Time - Eww [Re: ]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Accountants work for me. My eyes glaze over when I look at the forms, even though I've tried so hard to understand. Throw in a dose of paranoia and you have me heading to the accountant's office.

#133944 - 12/06/07 08:33 PM Re: Tax Time - Eww [Re: ladyjane]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
So far have been doing my own tax return. It's ok if one's finances is generally straightforward. I can sympathize for those who run a business that is registered....

I don't understand why some college/university educated, literate people even use accountants when their finances are so straightforward and they don't have much money anyway.

Tax planning, to reduce legitimate/legal personal income tax...requires managing one's money in certain financial instruments many months in advance... Yea, takes time. Unfortunately.

#133945 - 12/06/07 08:56 PM Re: Tax Time - Eww [Re: orchid]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
lol JJ. "Intaxication"...as in "Intoxicated"?

#133947 - 12/07/07 02:22 AM Re: Tax Time - Eww [Re: ]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I use turbo tax online. It's relatively inexpensive, and free if your income is below a certain amount (don't remember what the limit is). It's interactive and asks questions so you get all the deductions. My taxes are pretty simple, even with my business, so I've been using this for several years now and love it. Especially since it's been free the last year or so!!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#133949 - 12/07/07 09:05 PM Re: Tax Time - Eww [Re: ]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Some days I think I'm on a profit-sharing plan with the IRS...Lordy, I dread tax season...

#133950 - 12/07/07 09:18 PM Re: Tax Time - Eww [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I do my taxes myself too, and I am sure that I miss deductions because of it. But my salary is so small, that even missing a deduction wouldn't matter too much.

I hate the whole process. As soon as I recieve the W-2's showing that over 1/3 of my income is going to the government, I start getting cynical and angry. I wouldn't mind if I saw the benefits of giving so much, but it all seems to be wasted on this or that and nothing much that really matters.

Oh, there you go, JJ, getting me all wound up so early!! I am not suppose to be thinking about any of this until late January.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#133951 - 12/07/07 09:25 PM Re: Tax Time - Eww [Re: Anno]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Well good grief....how the heck am I suppose to start hitting all of you up for a loan if I dont' start NOW? Geeish....okay, okay, just joshin...honest injun. teehee...

When they get through with me every year, I just call myself, IRS (I R Stupid)

#133952 - 12/08/07 04:05 AM Re: Tax Time - Eww [Re: jawjaw]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I'll second that - EWWWW!

#133954 - 12/09/07 07:19 AM Re: Tax Time - Eww [Re: ]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Yucko to tax time! We usually gather everything in February and
hand it over to our accountant. Having an LLC plus the personal
taxes is a bit much to handle at tax time; drives us up the wall
just even dealing LOL.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved