The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 163 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#87035 - 09/02/06 08:38 PM Lottery Winners?
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Everyone always talks about winning the lottery and I've bought a few lotto tickets myself.

But what would you do if you actually won?

Would you take a lump sum or would you take it in payments?

What's the first thing you would buy or pay off?

How would you make sure that you didn't end up like so many winners who are broke within 5 years?

Personally I would take payments because that would ensure me an income for the rest of my life. That way even if I never become a bestselling author, I can still afford to do what I love.

The first thing I would buy is a new computer...laptop with lots of memory and speed....

#87036 - 09/02/06 09:16 PM Re: Lottery Winners? [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Jane Carroll,
First thing I would do with my money Lottery that is , pay off my house for which we don't owe that much and give some to charity and help a poor family and don't tell your friends or relatives and invest with Farris Baker Watts .
investment firm .

I would take the lump some of money . We are going to a new church and would give some to the church .

Take a trip to the Grand Canyon and maybe to Paris and Italy and England . Can't think of anything else .

Renee

#87037 - 09/02/06 09:22 PM Re: Lottery Winners? [Re: Sadie]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I imagine I would pass out, since I have never actually purchased a lottery ticket.
How unique does that make me?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#87038 - 09/02/06 09:24 PM Re: Lottery Winners? [Re: Anno]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Anno,You might just win a prize for that!

Renee, I agree you couldn't tell or everyone would be after just a little bit...

#87039 - 09/02/06 09:45 PM Re: Lottery Winners? [Re: Jane_Carroll]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My life would pretty much stay the same. I LOVE my work and would be able to do even more and write more and thats heaven to me. I would however buy a big home on a lake surrounded by trees, flowers and wild life etc. I would move my mom and brother in and my son and his family if they wanted to be there. My son would never has to work again. I would give a couple million to St. Judes Childrens Hospital and several of my favorite animal charities....Then I would get such a kick out of sending $10.000.00 cash, FedX, to friends and people who never would expect it. I love surprises, so I would sponsor a seven day Boomer Babes Cruise, all expenses paid for everyone. including air fare. Wolfgang Puck as our chef, plus the best spa team available for pampering. WOW, what a party that would be....BUT first I would go straight to my church and thank God on my knees and then fill up the collection boxes with thousand dollar bills. All that done and there would still be enough left to live comfortably off the interest alone forever....dream on, dream on!!!

Edited by chatty lady (09/02/06 09:52 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#87040 - 09/02/06 09:58 PM Re: Lottery Winners? [Re: chatty lady]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Chatty,

That sounds wonderful...I hope you win!

#87041 - 09/03/06 05:14 AM Re: Lottery Winners? [Re: Jane_Carroll]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
My life would not change either, except for more
traveling, and I would do something special for all
the ladies here : )

#87042 - 09/03/06 06:38 PM Re: Lottery Winners? [Re: diamond50]
Jane_Carroll Offline

I see a trend here of generosity and helping others! That's wonderfully refreshing!

#87043 - 09/04/06 12:20 AM Re: Lottery Winners? [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I would give a big chunk of money to The National Domestic Violence Hotline. Buy all of my children homes and pay off our mortgage. I would set aside a trust fund for my grandchildren's college tuition. And then...I'd go shoe shopping!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#87044 - 09/04/06 08:50 PM Re: Lottery Winners? [Re: Dianne]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I would put it on my bills as far as it would go..........................what?

Okay, okay. I can guarantee you one thing, MY LIFE would change. I would be dressing better, eating better, and staying in the best spas...

I would have a cabin in the woods where I would go to be alone and write...the best computer in every place I stayed (Mom's, my home, the woods, etc.) and my children would have a trust fund.

St. Judes would be where I volunteered and I would learn to be a clown and to juggle.

I would donate money to individual families, anon, of course...and have the best accountant in the world.

I would be paying for all of us to have a BOOMER WOMEN CONVENTION somewhere where there wasn't sharks.

I would be dating AND he would love me for me, not my money, even if I had to pay him to do it.

I would have a descent hair cut.

I would take my Momma to the Biltmore Castle.

I would take a few of my closest friends somewhere nice, expensive, and luxurious.

I would be driving an old car that had been restored. A '57 Chevy...complete with my own vanity tag that said, JAWJAW.

I would have a personal trainer.

Am I out of money yet?

JJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved