My 19 yr. old step daughter is manipulative, troubled and coniving. She tries to come between my husband and I all the time. She lives 4 hours south of us with her mother, his 3rd wife. She is the baby of 3 daughters. She tries to act like her "daddy" and her have the most special relationship, that they are just alike and understand each other. She talks about me behind my back to her dad. He bought her a rail pass so she can visit anytime she pleases. She informed me right off the bat that she is lazy and is in no hurry to get her GED and that she doesn't do housework. She calls me a lard ass and a blonde and when I am hurt or offended she says, "I was just kidding, and to her dad, "F*** she can't even take a f***ing joke?!" He just laughs. He thinks her behavior is cute and I'm just too sensitive.
She stole my perfume and my frilly underthings. I found them in her suitcase stuffed down in the pockets. He took her side saying that in the household where she lives, they just take each other's things. I said in my home we don't do that.
She regularly goes to visit his 4th wife, the one right before me, because as she puts it to her dad, "She was so good to me and taught me so much..." They have a special relationship.
I am an outsider in my husband's town. He hangs out at the local bar and has for years so does #2 wife and she is jealous of me and resents his two grandsons who live with her coming to visit me or liking me.
Everyone knows him and his daughters and his exes. I'm just #5 and we fight all the time.
My daughter 23 yr. old daughter is living with us until the 13th when she will either go into a drug rehab program or to prison. Her darling 3 yr. old daughter will live with me until she is able to take care of her daughter again. My husband honestly says he doesn't know if he will be able to live with that situation or not. If not, then she and I will have to move out of the house that I helped him finance along with 20,000 of his own cc debt.
I feel like an outsider all the time and his daughter constantly makes reference to the fact that there have been many years, many wives and many friends older and more important to her and "daddy" than me. I love my husband and have honestly tried to get his daughters to accept and love me, but they don't.
They each want their mothers to be the important ones to their dad.
Got any advice? At least he doesn't throw things at me anymore.