Mr. madness and I are having our fair share of issues and I see posts from single women here looking to find companship and the tribulations they go through with dating later in life....so just on a silly whim I filled out one of those online datine personality things and signed up.

I was pretty honest with the questions except that I said I was, uhhhh, a few years younger than I actually am, that I was single....and that I was looking for a man within 250 miles of my home in eastern Washington.....which is about 12,000 miles from where I actually am. Just to see if I didn't have a husband what I'd be facing.

So I've gotten a bunch of pings from men on this dating website. They all seem like nice sincere men who are looking for a woman partner in their lives. Fair enough. But I actully did tell some pretty substantial lies about my circumstances and now they've pinged me with interest and I feel terrible. I've got 2 interest notices in my email right now.

Should I just blow it off and forget about it or should I write to these men and apologize for my misleading profile? I think it was not a nice thing for me to do and I shouldn't have done it.

What do you think?